View Full Version : I forgot how much fun being on the ice is!

isakswings
12-05-2007, 03:11 AM
I love to ice skate. I've loved it for years. I'm not a fabulous skater, but I can hold my own on the ice. I've skated a couple of times in the last yr and because I no longer own my own skates, I had to use rentals. They hurt my feet bad enough that I had a hard time staying UP on the ice! Not to mention, my feet were in serious pain.

I have 2 kids in LTS lessons and my daughter just started taking private lessons. Last week at their LTS session, we got a flier about a LTS party the skate club was hosting. It was free ice time, free food and a skate swap(sold dd's old skates to boot! Yeah!). Anyway, our rink got in some new rentals and I decided to go for it. It was so much fun! I have been wanting to take lessons but I have had a hard time finding skates. I've decided with these new rentals, I will begin adult lessons during the next LTS session!

I LOVED being on the ice. I tend to go into my own little world(when my kids aren't calling me!). I managed to do a few crossovers, swizzles and skated backwards. My daughter was trying to help me do a spin, but that didn't happen. LOL. I used to know how to do a begining spin(took a sessionof lessons at 18/19). Anyway, I'm not expecting a lot but I am definately going to give it a shot! If anything, I will be able to keep up with my kids while out on the ice and possibly be able to do a few fun things as well!

My poor husband... as it is he and I wonder how we will afford hockey and ice skating for our two skaters(we have a 3rd child too...). Now, if I get back into skating more, I don't know what we will do. LOL! The good thing is, my husband and older son love to skate too, so at least it is something the whole family enjoys!

I just had to share my excitement. I'm certainly not an accomplished skater, but I DO love being on the ice. I love the feeling of freedom I have when I am skating...

Angie

double3s
12-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the world of AOSS!
(Adult Onset Skating Syndrome)
Plenty of fellow addicts, er I mean, enthusiasts here.

Rusty Blades
12-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Be aware that A.O.S.S. is VERY addictive and will change your life!

Kim to the Max
12-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Welcome :)

Just know that once you start, there is no stopping!

isakswings
12-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I already told dh I want a pair of skates for Christmas. HEE

hepcat
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, it's funny how even when money is tight there's room for your own skating. :)

In fact, if my daughter decided she was done with skating I think she'd be shocked find out that I would still be going to the rink. She thinks this is her hobby, but I'm in it for the long haul.

doubletoe
12-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Tell DH he will be well-rewarded by getting a wife with a "skater's butt" (believe me, it's a good thing, LOL!)

jazzpants
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Tell DH he will be well-rewarded by getting a wife with a "skater's butt" (believe me, it's a good thing, LOL!)
I can vouch for that with my DH. He refers to my butt as "buns of steel." :P :twisted: :lol:

blackmanskating
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I love to ice skate. I've loved it for years. I'm not a fabulous skater, but I can hold my own on the ice. I've skated a couple of times in the last yr and because I no longer own my own skates, I had to use rentals. They hurt my feet bad enough that I had a hard time staying UP on the ice! Not to mention, my feet were in serious pain.

I have 2 kids in LTS lessons and my daughter just started taking private lessons. Last week at their LTS session, we got a flier about a LTS party the skate club was hosting. It was free ice time, free food and a skate swap(sold dd's old skates to boot! Yeah!). Anyway, our rink got in some new rentals and I decided to go for it. It was so much fun! I have been wanting to take lessons but I have had a hard time finding skates. I've decided with these new rentals, I will begin adult lessons during the next LTS session!

I LOVED being on the ice. I tend to go into my own little world(when my kids aren't calling me!). I managed to do a few crossovers, swizzles and skated backwards. My daughter was trying to help me do a spin, but that didn't happen. LOL. I used to know how to do a begining spin(took a sessionof lessons at 18/19). Anyway, I'm not expecting a lot but I am definately going to give it a shot! If anything, I will be able to keep up with my kids while out on the ice and possibly be able to do a few fun things as well!

My poor husband... as it is he and I wonder how we will afford hockey and ice skating for our two skaters(we have a 3rd child too...). Now, if I get back into skating more, I don't know what we will do. LOL! The good thing is, my husband and older son love to skate too, so at least it is something the whole family enjoys!

I just had to share my excitement. I'm certainly not an accomplished skater, but I DO love being on the ice. I love the feeling of freedom I have when I am skating...

Angie

I am so envious of your zeal for skating. Never lose that excitement you have for skating. I'm glad you had a good time and I hope that you continue to get out there on the ice.

BlackManSkating

SkatingOnClouds
12-06-2007, 02:16 AM
I

I know EXACTLY what you are saying there. I love it too! You'll find a lot of adults here who feel the same way.

Enjoy! !!!!

isakswings
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Hee hee... his wife would love to have that butt! I'd love to skate often enough to help me lose weight. Don't know if that is possible, but boy would that be a bonus to taking this up!

isakswings
12-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I know EXACTLY what you are saying there. I love it too! You'll find a lot of adults here who feel the same way.

Enjoy! !!!!

I LOVE skating. I like going into my own world and I can do that on the ice! I've never been an athletic person. Sports do not come easy for me, so I imagine I will have to practice quite a bit to gain more skills! Of coarse, I could be underestimating myself. :-)

isakswings
12-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Yeah, it's funny how even when money is tight there's room for your own skating. :)

In fact, if my daughter decided she was done with skating I think she'd be shocked find out that I would still be going to the rink. She thinks this is her hobby, but I'm in it for the long haul.

I've told dh I would work an extra shift a week if I have to, to pay for my own skating as well as dd's and ds's. Of coarse, for all 3 of us, I will have to work more then one extra shift. LOL!

Seriously though, I've always loved skating and I need excercise, so why not excercise AND do something I love at the same time??

isakswings
12-06-2007, 07:19 AM
I am so envious of your zeal for skating. Never lose that excitement you have for skating. I'm glad you had a good time and I hope that you continue to get out there on the ice.

BlackManSkating

I only wish I had considered taking lessons at a younger age. I took one session when I was 18 or 19, but I never took another session. My friend and I skated a lot while in college, but neither of us took any more lessons. I'm wanting to do it now. I have no idea if I will take more then the group lessons or if I will end up being strictly a recreational skater. :-)

Angie