View Full Version : Adult Pacific Coast Sectionals Announcement Is Available!

SK8RX
12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
The announcement is now up!

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/200708/adultsectional-pc/2008%20Pacific%20Coast%20Adult%20Announcement.pdf

icedancer2
12-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes I saw this, but there doesn't seem to be any information for non-qualifying events - only Championship... or am I just confused???

:roll:

TreSk8sAZ
12-04-2007, 11:34 AM
You're completely right. Other than the mention of solo dance in the practice ice form, the non-qual announcement isn't up yet (either on USFSA or the oregon skating council website.) (http://oregonskating.org)

SK8RX
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes I saw this, but there doesn't seem to be any information for non-qualifying events - only Championship... or am I just confused???

:roll:

This was posted on another Board re: non-qualifying events by someone who apparently contacted the chair of PCAS:

Hi PCASers,

I have been getting a bit "nervous" about the fact that there is still no non-qualifying information or registration forms available for PCAS. The qualifying announcement is now up on USFS, but it refers to www.oregonskating.org for all non-qualifying information.
And, when I checked this afternoon, there was no non-qualifying information posted there. Since the PCAS qualifying deadline is Jan 2nd, and I'm traveling over the holidays (like everyone else), I emailed the LOC to ask about the status of the non-qualifying information.

Lauren Zell (the contact listed on the USFS website) emailed me back with lightening speed and shared that "The sanctions officer is doing the final review of the announcement. It should be available soon. Entry deadline will be January 25."

So, for all of us planning on entering non-qualifying events at PCAS, the entry deadline with be Jan 25th...not January 2nd like for the qualifying events. That gives us some more breathing room. I'll let you guys know when I see that the non-qualifying information is available.

Hope this helps!

SK8RX
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Non-Qualifying Annoucement is up at: http://www.oregonskating.org/

GordonSk8erBoi
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Sherwood is my home rink, so if anyone has questions feel free to PM me.

doubletoe
12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Sherwood is my home rink, so if anyone has questions feel free to PM me.

Cool! :) I have a few questions:

1. I see the freestyle sessions are 5:30am - 8:00am and 8:15am - 9:00am. Is the 5:30-8:00 session just one session??

2. How crowded are the 5:30 - 8:00 and 8:15 - 9:00 sessions on weekday mornings (especially Fridays)?

3. Also, are the weekday 9:30 - 11:30 public sessions pretty empty?

4. Is the ice hard or soft?

5. How cold is the rink?

Thanks so much! :D

icedancer2
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
doubletoe - this is not my home rink, but I can answer some of your questions - the public from 9:30-11:30 is usually pretty empty.

The ice is BEAUTIFUL - probably the best ice around here. Not soft, not hard, just very nice and beautifully maintained in general.

The rink is COLD! Dress warmly.

I think the morning freestyles are pretty crowded, but maybe not as crowded as you are used to.

Gordonetc. should be able to help you out more.

I take it you are coming! And if you know if anybody from your area who might want to do figures also, there will also be a figures competition.

See you there.

GordonSk8erBoi
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Cool! :) I have a few questions:

1. I see the freestyle sessions are 5:30am - 8:00am and 8:15am - 9:00am. Is the 5:30-8:00 session just one session??

2. How crowded are the 5:30 - 8:00 and 8:15 - 9:00 sessions on weekday mornings (especially Fridays)?

3. Also, are the weekday 9:30 - 11:30 public sessions pretty empty?

4. Is the ice hard or soft?

5. How cold is the rink?

Thanks so much! :D

1. From 5:30 to 8 there is a signin sheet, you tell them what time you are getting on the ice and you skate one hour (or two, or whatever). So you could skate from 6 to 7 or 6:30 to 7:30 or whatever. It's nice.

2. The 8:15 session is usually quite empty (like, 2 - 4 people). I'll be skating it tomorrow so if that's different I'll let you know. I imagine if you get there at 5:30 you'll only have 4 or 6 people. Prime time seems to be 6:30 - 7:30, maybe 10 - 14 people (more when a competition is coming) and several lessons. It really clears out at 7:30.

Also there are two short freestyles Tuesday evening from 5:15 - 6 and 6 - 6:45 at the usual price. these are usually quite the zoo, 15 - 20 people.

3. I saw this was answered, and I never skate then so I couldn't say. Note that there is not usually a monday a.m. public.

4. Ice at Sherwood is usually about the best i've ever experienced, really very nice. Slightly toward the hard side but not too hard.

5. It's usually between 42 - 46 degrees, which is cold by most people's standards I think.

G

doubletoe
12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks so much, both of you! :)
Ooh, I am already excited about the great ice! It sounds like what I like to call "new bar of soap" ice (as opposed to cardboard ice, marsh ice or the concrete ice we have at my rink, LOL!).
I sure wish our freestyle sessions had a sign-in system like that. Our sessions start every hour on the half hour, and if you skate 5 minutes of a session, our freestyle session nazi will charge you for it. :roll: