View Full Version : All I want for Christmas ..... (wish list)

TimDavidSkate
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
:halo: Duct Tape :P (for my broken down skates) + a new SP Terri KT3 boots

... how about you guys?

Kim to the Max
12-01-2007, 10:41 PM
...to land my axel...

jazzpants
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
My Wish List this year.

To maintain my health all the way thru AN and beyond so I can enjoy my very 1st AN.
To enjoy my skating and my lessons with my NYC coach while I'm in NYC.
To survive thru my celeb personal trainer too! :halo:
To get new purple custom Harlicks skates.
Consistently good loops, flip, and camels.
To start landing my lutz? :halo: (Yeah, I know. I'm pushing my luck here. But this is a wish list, right?) :P

SkatingOnClouds
12-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Santa Baby, i've been good, so I think that you should, give me;

new boots and blades,
a backspin that traces circles instead of 3 turns (which the previous request might help somewhat),
a reliable lutz which doesn't have a weird double change of edge approach,
a new improved salchow,
an axel.
Oh and what the heck, I've been really good, so what about a double something?

Rusty Blades
12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
.... for my ankle to heal, once and for all! I am out of physiotherapy money and it still gets sore.

samba
12-02-2007, 03:39 AM
.... for my ankle to heal, once and for all! I am out of physiotherapy money and it still gets sore.

Oh no, I do hope it gets better soon, we are so lucky in the uk, I have had no end of physio treatment and not paid for it.

peanutskates
12-02-2007, 05:37 AM
sit spin:D

I can actually do a good, low (as in, bum on heel) sit (3 revs), but only straight after I do the back inside hydroblade (on my spinning edge) exercise like 2 or 3 times...

so I guess my wish is to have a consistent sitspin before christmas.

jskater49
12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
To be able to keep stretching the paycheck so I can continue to skate.

j

looplover
12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Great thread!

Some of mine are quite unrealistic:

--a job that allows me to go in later yet leave at the same time (haha) so I can skate at 8 a.m. every day

--Unlimited funds that will allow me to practice more, take one more lesson a week and go to out of state competitions

--a good backspin

--higher loops

--flips without mental block

SynchroSk8r114
12-02-2007, 09:10 AM
My Christmas Wish List includes passing my last Pre-Gold dance, the Blues, and my Intermediate freestyle on December 12. Those would be great presents! :lol:

phoenix
12-02-2007, 10:10 AM
To pass my freakin' Killian!!

coskater64
12-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Santa.....please!

No more hip surgeries!!!
The ability to learn how to skate for the third time, to get back what I had and to move beyond...
To remember to take my time and not to push...
A very good sense of humor..:halo: :halo:

Debbie S
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
To pass Silver MIF! :halo:

I'd say passing Gold, too, but that would be pushing it a bit too much, I think. ;)

And finally get a proper flip and lutz (which means curing myself of the habit of toe-picking twice before jumping), and get my sit spin, backspin (well, really, all my spins) back to where they were before I started spending most of my practice time on moves.

Sessy
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
A new and healthy ankle and pic skates.

fsk8r
12-02-2007, 02:27 PM
A back spin as I'm getting fed up of the coach telling me that it's improving and I've still not gone around more than once.
and while i'm at it i wouldn't mind a lutz and an axel for good measure.

liz_on_ice
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
A passing change-foot spin, so I can be ready to test FS3 in January (Feb is ok too!)

Bill_S
12-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Free ice time and coaching for a year.

Terri C
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Santa, I only want one thing, but this has given to be a tall order....

I WANT TO PASS MY BRONZE FREE ON 12/14 SO I CAN GO TO AN!!!

Please, Santa- I've been busting my butt on sitspins all summer and fall!

sexyskates
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Please, please Santa may I have:
The axel.
A consistant Lutz with a nice outside edge and without all the wobbling and flapping.
Faster and more centered spins.
Beautiful skating with powerful edges and turns, balletic posture, and graceful arms!

This is a big wish list!

tidesong
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
- To have enough funds to keep skating through the year... I'm going to go along and pay with both eyes closed until nationals. After that I may have to take a long break
- To get my program choreographed in time
- To get my costume sewn in time
- Clean consistent double toe and double loop would be nice

dbny
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Time to practice - with no major impact on my job! I'll happily take any progress that comes with the practice time.

teresa
12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I've been a lucky girl and recieved my skating wishes many times from Santa. This year I'd like a consistent backspin. Mine comes and goes. Goes mostly. I'd like a pretty good axel attempt. I'd love to try a double. I'm not getting any younger Santa! Any nice surprises you think of. I've tried to be a good skater all year. =-)

teresa

Emberchyld
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Santa-Baby:bow: , can you bring me:

At least ONE injury-free year
A real sit spin and scratch spin
A few more jumps
And s'more $$$$$ to pay for it all!:D

I've been such a good girl this year!

Scarlett
12-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is a new coach and a change foot spin. In return, I promise to be nice to the idiots at work until the new year.

Scarlett

FlyAndCrash
12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Dear Santa,

I've been really really good this year (kinda...) and would like

a semi-consistant double sal...
to pass my prelime moves...
and to land another double loop...

Please, please, please with sugar and a cherry on top!!!

LilJen
12-03-2007, 11:50 PM
An ankle that stays in one piece and gets steadily stronger!
A one-foot spin!
To get all the stuff I had back before I broke my ankle.

Skate@Delaware
12-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Dear Santa:

I need to have a clean skate in the Christmas show.
I would like a consistant backspin and a change-foot spin.
A stronger ankle for my toe-loop.
A flip (c'mon, off-ice does NOT count) ;)
Entrance next fall into the RN program at college (yeah it isn't skating but I need it).
No fear on forward crossovers.

Everything else is gravy.

Isk8NYC
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Dear Santa,

Hope Mrs. Claus and the elves are doing well. Give the reindeer some carrots from me. The kids are worried that you might not find our new house. Just look for the flock of assorted penguins and the nomadic Wise Men - that's our place.

I've been very good this year. If you think it's right, could you bring me some outstanding threes-on-the-line and some single jumps? It's been so long and I really miss them.

Love,
Isk8NYC

Morgail
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Santa, please bring me...

-a completely healed ankle
-no more injuries!!
-everything I could do before I hurt my ankle
-and success at my new job so I can afford to keep skating:)

jwrnsktr
12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
OK since nothing else is working, all I want, all I have wanted for the past 9, count them, 9 years is a spin. I am the world's worst, sorriest, frustrated, ridiculous, ready to give up, spinner. I even told my coach last January that I didn't want to waste any more money or time trying. I constantly fall to the inside edge, my circles get bigger and bigger, my arms flop down, my hip drops and I twist to the right, arms landing over my stomach. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, it's the same time after time after time. I had one whole day two months ago when I did three in a row. I have tried to recapture that wonderful moment, but forget it. Gone, gone, gone. OK, I've ranted enough with this answer to the very simple question of what I want for Christmas. Sorry!

doubletoe
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
All I want for Christmas is for Terri C
to pass that all-important Bronze Free.
All I want for Christmas is no injuries
to anyone's ankles, hips or knees.
All I want for Christmas is no bruises, please
So we can have a Merry Christmas! :P

jak0203
12-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I want to *finally* start working on my axel and double toe. I want to pass my preliminary and pre-juvenile moves. To be able to achieve all this, I want more lesson time with my coach.
Mostly I want to be ready to skate silver at AN 2009 (with an axel in my program).

sk8_4fun
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
well santa, I'm not sure I can claim to have been good however,

please please could I have a sit-spin thats lower with more than two revs, consistent jumps without fear, and a hefty dose of patience along with good health so I can keep skating and stay fit.:halo:

I will try to be good, I promise.................

blackmanskating
12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is to get back my joy for skating! :halo: Ohh and I would like to land my double axel cleanly. I would also like more consistency with my double loop and double toe. But my first wish is the most important.

Thanks in advance Santa,

BlackManSkating

flo
12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Health for all of us.
A sharpening for my skates.
Energy!

SkaterBird
12-05-2007, 11:08 PM
A waltz jump. Just a little bitty one would be okay. And a counterclockwise one foot upriight spin would also be very nice.

BatikatII
12-06-2007, 09:07 AM
A decent backspin so I can take my level 2 tests next year.

And then a Lutz and a camel spin would be nice.

And no injuries for anyone.:D

myste12
12-06-2007, 12:58 PM
My Christmas list:

-to pass junior moves (3rd time's the charm, right???)
-consistency on my double sal and toe
-a pretty and inexpensive dress to wear to Mids, 'cause I spent all of my money on an IJS choroegrapher, and have nothing to skate in but my tights 8O

sk8_4fun
12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
oh, I forgot to add that I would really like a swing dance with a nice man................so much nicer than dancing it alone:D

Muskoka Skater
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
for my mom to let me take my pre.novice freeskate, and when I do prove that i'm good enough!! also my double axel would be great!

kimberley801
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
All I want for Christmas...

My New Skates!!!! They should be in any day now....where are they??!!
More Skating Tights.
A decent one foot spin. A scratch spin would be extra nice!!!

Skate@Delaware
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
OK since nothing else is working, all I want, all I have wanted for the past 9, count them, 9 years is a spin. I am the world's worst, sorriest, frustrated, ridiculous, ready to give up, spinner. I even told my coach last January that I didn't want to waste any more money or time trying. I constantly fall to the inside edge, my circles get bigger and bigger, my arms flop down, my hip drops and I twist to the right, arms landing over my stomach. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, it's the same time after time after time. I had one whole day two months ago when I did three in a row. I have tried to recapture that wonderful moment, but forget it. Gone, gone, gone. OK, I've ranted enough with this answer to the very simple question of what I want for Christmas. Sorry!
I'll give you 1/2 of my raised hip for 1/2 of your dropped hip....that might even us both out!

kimberley801's post gave me an idea; wouldn't it be nice if skating tights came in colors/styles (like paisley, lace, etc????? I would probably wear dresses more if they did...

kimberley801
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
kimberley801's post gave me an idea; wouldn't it be nice if skating tights came in colors/styles (like paisley, lace, etc????? I would probably wear dresses more if they did...

:bow: I second that! A variety of colors would suit a variety of skin tones. No more of these fake tan tights! (I call them oompa loompa tights...:lol: )

SkatingOnClouds
12-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Heck, I'd just settle for skating tights in my size !!! (3-4X :oops: ) Especially over the boot.

sk8tegirl06
12-07-2007, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=jwrnsktr;346236] I constantly fall to the inside edge, my circles get bigger and bigger, my arms flop down, my hip drops and I twist to the right, arms landing over my stomach. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, it's the same time after time after time. [QUOTE]

I did the same exact things, the spin would never center (coach said I was traveling to China, the way it would travel across the rink.), always on inside edges, and I tended to do funny things with my hips and my hands ended up twisted to the right a lot. Well, I just passed the pre-pre free test, one foot spin included. The biggest piece of advice that I got that seemed to work was in the windup follow your left hand into the 3 turn. (CCW skaters) Once I just kept watching that hand the whole time it really seemed to make a difference, everything was much more centered with much less traveling.

RinkRat321
12-07-2007, 06:27 PM
santa babyyy gimmie a double flip :)
and a double toe would be nice

skateskate
12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
1. get new skates that dont hurt and arent rediculously broken down!
2. to actually pull in on a double lutz! i can land everything up to it consistently but i have never ever actually PULLED in on my lutz. haha i'll probably even land it the first time i actuuually try it.
3. pass my starlight/blues/killian, sr silver skills, jr silver program, and sr silver elements sometime within the next two test days!

santa pleaaase?

Skate@Delaware
12-07-2007, 09:10 PM
[quote=jwrnsktr;346236] I constantly fall to the inside edge, my circles get bigger and bigger, my arms flop down, my hip drops and I twist to the right, arms landing over my stomach. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, it's the same time after time after time. [quote]

I did the same exact things, the spin would never center (coach said I was traveling to China, the way it would travel across the rink.), always on inside edges, and I tended to do funny things with my hips and my hands ended up twisted to the right a lot. Well, I just passed the pre-pre free test, one foot spin included. The biggest piece of advice that I got that seemed to work was in the windup follow your left hand into the 3 turn. (CCW skaters) Once I just kept watching that hand the whole time it really seemed to make a difference, everything was much more centered with much less traveling.
I'll add the what my coach has taught me...keep the free leg behind longer (yeah, dont whip it around quickly, right?) and you will have a better spin. Trust me on this one because when my body listens and behaves...my spin is fantastic!

jazzpants
12-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll add the what my coach has taught me...keep the free leg behind longer (yeah, dont whip it around quickly, right?) and you will have a better spin. Trust me on this one because when my body listens and behaves...my spin is fantastic!I second the recommendation, along with holding the entry edge LONGER (at least a half circle.) When I remember not to whip the free leg around and hold that edge longer, even my nit-picky secondary coach is proud of how centered my one foot spins can be. :twisted:

Mrs Redboots
12-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Please, Santa, could Husband and I have a Fiesta Tango that looks like this one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=u8LoOD_UytQ)?

Actually, looking like those dancers in any of our dances would be good. Memo to self: make Husband watch these videos so he can see what we are aiming at!!!!

sue123
12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
My sister played Santa and got me an awesome gift. A zip up hoodie lined with faux fur so it's nice and warm and I won't freeze. She originally got it cause I always complain I freeze in lecture no matter how many layers I wear, but then she realized after she bought it that I can wear it when I go to the ridiculously cold rink or skate outside. And it's so nice and toasty warm, I love it.

But I would still ask Santa for more time to skate, maybe he can keep the rink open during the times I am free, that would also be nice. And also, a knee that's not so wobbly would be really good so that when I can skate, I don't need to worry about it coming out.

sk8_4fun
12-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Please, Santa, could Husband and I have a Fiesta Tango that looks like this one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=u8LoOD_UytQ)?

Actually, looking like those dancers in any of our dances would be good. Memo to self: make Husband watch these videos so he can see what we are aiming at!!!!

I second that for myself Annabel! and can I have the nice strong man to hold me up throughout as part of the package?

Thin-Ice
12-12-2007, 03:16 AM
All I want for Christmas is for Terri C
to pass that all-important Bronze Free.
All I want for Christmas is no injuries
to anyone's ankles, hips or knees.
All I want for Christmas is no bruises, please
So we can have a Merry Christmas! :P

Very clever doubletoe! My brain immediately heard this to "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" -- and now THAT song is stuck in my head!

blue111moon
12-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Dear Santa,

I have been very good this year. Honest! I really have! :)

All I really, really want this year is some new feet that don't hurt all the time. I promise I'll treat the new ones better than I have the old ones. I know better now.

Oh, and maybe some Dutch Waltz dance music that doesn't suck pond scum or sound like it's played by my Uncle Wally's Polish Ooom-Pah Band. Is there any such thing as Broadway Waltz music?

Thank you, Santa.

Blue

P.S. I'll leave cookies and milk on the bar by the tree. (If you want something stronger, help yourself. But please keep Rudolph out of the cognac; his nose is red enough.)

jazzpants
12-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Very clever doubletoe! My brain immediately heard this to "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" -- and now THAT song is stuck in my head!
Well, come April, we'll have Molly's "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" and the hoof marks on our head too!!! :P :lol:

sk8rxforxlife
12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't duct tape skates. It doesn't give you much support at all.

emkayy
12-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I want:
-a good lutz
-a consistent camel spin
-a lower sit spin
-a just plain backspin!!
and some brackets would be nice ;)

kander
12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
A fast, clean take-off axel! And a million dollars.

Kevin

jazzpants
12-23-2007, 11:37 PM
A fast, clean take-off axel! And a million dollars.

Kevin
Wish I can play the CA Lotto but I'm in NYC now. Maybe I could play the Powerball there... see if I could win the big jackpot so I can retire and commute between SF, NYC, and LA to train at all the nice rinks and work occasionally with some very elite personal trainers. :halo: (Not that I'm not happy with my current coaches and trainers, mind you... just want to get a different perspective once in a blue moon. I did this with blessing from my coaches and trainers in SF.)

peanutskates
12-24-2007, 04:51 AM
i got everything I wanted:

sitspin, loop, twizzles (RI) and scratch spin

thanks Santa (who I suspect is my coach...) :D

FlyAndCrash
12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Thank you Santa!

I got most of my wish list...

Thanks for my passing prelim moves and free test and landing a few double sals.

Merry Christmas!