View Full Version : Arena of Long Beach ice rink, New York

jazzpants
11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
http://thearenaoflongbeachny.com/

Anyone going/been to this rink? My in-laws told me about this rink and thought it would be a good alternate when I can't get to downtown Manhattan or Brooklyn. What do you think of it?

TIA! :)

herniated
11-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I was only there once and to 'watch' a competition many years ago. I've heard it's nice to skate there. But it is very cold. At least it was years ago.

sue123
11-24-2007, 06:31 PM
I used to skate there sometimes, a bit far for me now, but it was nice. It took me a bit to find it because, well, I'm bad with directions and didn't notice the rink directly to the right of me and turned left instead. But it was nice the last time I was there, decent ice, and I think they had a Nathans in the warm part. Don't remember if it was overly cold, but I generally get pretty warm when I skate anyway. If it's nearby to your inlaws, it should be a good alternate.

patatty
11-25-2007, 08:14 AM
I have skated there a few times, but only in the summer, so I can't tell if it is cold. The rink is big and the ice is pretty nice. The area right around the rink is a little seedy, so be sure to lock your car. There were a few scary looking men loitering in the parking lot last time I was there.

froggy
11-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I go there often, it's pretty good and there is plenty of parking. the morning sessions are very empty..just a few skaters, the weekends get busier and they will prob. get even more busy as the season goes on. if you plan on going often get a pass its $80 for 12 public session. they have a food court but it is not always open during the morning session, but they also have vending machines.