View Full Version : should I go for SP Super-teri or Graf?

gingerskate
11-22-2007, 09:41 PM
increasing number of skaters are talking about Swiss-made Graf. Should I go for a new pair of SP Super-teri or Graf Edmonton? Or any other better choices, am doing doubles and hope to try some triples.

Morgail
11-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't know much about Graf, except for second- and third-hand information about how they supposedly break down more quickly than other boots. Others might have more accurate info about Grafs.

I love (love, love, love) my Super Teris. I'm only working on a single Axel, but I'm not exactly thin, so the stiffness is just right for me. They've held up for about a year and a half now, but I imagine they'd be a little more broken down if I were working on doubles. I think I'll get about another six to nine months out of them. Have you had these boots before? There are people who think they are too hard to break in, but I suppose that depends on what you're doing in them. Mine took about a month or so to break in.

Amandaskategirl
11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I don’t know about SP Teri as I have never had them but I LOVE my Graf Richmond Specials! I had my first pair for about three and a half years and I am now on my second. I found them very comfortable from the beginning and provide a good level of support. I personally rate them very highly! I can’t land any of the doubles though, but have worked on them a bit.

Amandaskategirl
11-23-2007, 05:09 PM
ALso, it is not a huge deal but I don't know anyone who can skate in Grafs without wearing bunga pads on their ankles. Seriously, if I forget to wear them one day then my ankles get mutilated.

SkatingOnClouds
11-24-2007, 01:29 AM
ALso, it is not a huge deal but I don't know anyone who can skate in Grafs without wearing bunga pads on their ankles. Seriously, if I forget to wear them one day then my ankles get mutilated.

Interesting. I do wear bunga sleeves every time I wear my Graf Galaxies. The top of the left boot rubs on the outside of my left leg, right on the side of it. Nothing stopped that happening, and it still happens if I don't wear the sleeve. So I continue wearing the sleeves on both ankles for some reason. As you say, not a big deal, considering the general comfort.