View Full Version : The full set!

2loop2loop
11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't often post on here about my own skating progress, but today I hit a milestone that deserves a mention. For the first time (at the age of 28 :) ) I landed all my doubles: salchow, toe, loop, flip and lutz in a single session. Lutz has been the problem here. I've only landed it twice before, and not for well over a year, and back then I was still struggling with a reticent 2toe, so I'd never got all 5 doubles on the same session before.

For some time I've had a nice, perfectly rotated double lutz that I sit down on as soon as I land. Everyone says that technically it is the best of all my jumps, yet no landing :frus: . Today I was feeling good, I'd landed all every 2flip I tried in the group lesson so after the lesson I decided to do some lutzes. I did some nice jumps, but still with the same sitting down problem. After I'd tried about 5 my coach told me to leave it, but I said I wanted to try one more. Now I have a good 2loop-2loop combo so as I went into the jump I just thought about putting a loop on the end, and I got a really good landing. I didn't attempt a loop afterwards, just checked out. Yay! Now for those pesky 2axels and 3sals!

John

herniated
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is awesome!!:bow:

blackmanskating
11-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't often post on here about my own skating progress, but today I hit a milestone that deserves a mention. For the first time (at the age of 28 :) ) I landed all my doubles: salchow, toe, loop, flip and lutz in a single session. Lutz has been the problem here. I've only landed it twice before, and not for well over a year, and back then I was still struggling with a reticent 2toe, so I'd never got all 5 doubles on the same session before.

For some time I've had a nice, perfectly rotated double lutz that I sit down on as soon as I land. Everyone says that technically it is the best of all my jumps, yet no landing :frus: . Today I was feeling good, I'd landed all every 2flip I tried in the group lesson so after the lesson I decided to do some lutzes. I did some nice jumps, but still with the same sitting down problem. After I'd tried about 5 my coach told me to leave it, but I said I wanted to try one more. Now I have a good 2loop-2loop combo so as I went into the jump I just thought about putting a loop on the end, and I got a really good landing. I didn't attempt a loop afterwards, just checked out. Yay! Now for those pesky 2axels and 3sals!

John

Congrats Man!!!! I've only landed my double lutz once cleanly so hats off to you. My coach fooled me into my doubles by telling me to put a loop on the end of it. I tend to check out too early. Keep posting your accomplishments because it is encouraging to the rest of us! Congratulations to you.

BlackManSkating

blue111moon
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Congratulaltions, John!!!

doubletoe
11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
That is so impressive!!

Isk8NYC
11-19-2007, 07:26 PM
That's great - like "hitting for the cyle" in baseball! (Single, Double, Triple, HR) Congrats!

tidesong
11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Congratulations!! I do hope I can at least attempt (all the doubles) one day in a single session with a good chance at success.

jazzpants
11-19-2007, 08:36 PM
:bow: :bow: :bow: to John

Mrs Redboots
11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Congratulations! :bow: :bow:

Hope to see them all this weekend!

And where were you and your dance partner this morning?

black
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Good work man *nods*