View Full Version : UK Skaters - Fleshtone Leotard question?

fsk8r
11-18-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm hoping someone can help me.
I've just got my costumes for the ice panto, and I think it might be worth getting some sort of flesh coloured leotard to wear underneath to stop my arms freezing to death with all the hanging around (the dresses only have organza sleeves and one is more floaty than sleeve). So I was wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what to wear underneath that won't be noticeable but which would keep me warm.
The panto is in three weeks and I seem to spend all weekend at various rehersals (and I'm only one of the adult extras not a star role!) so don't have much time to go shopping.
Ideas would be gratefully received.
Thank.

samba
11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi

Lynn and Pat at:

www.insideedgefashions.co.uk

make fleshtone leotards, not sure how quickly they could run one up for you though, I think Mrs Redboots had one made by them, that was very effective, perhaps you could talk to her.

fsk8r
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for that.
I'll have a look.

Mrs Redboots
11-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I did indeed have one made by them - ring them up and discuss it with them; I think they normally want 3 weeks to make something, but can do it more quickly if they have to.

I LOVE my flesh-coloured leotard. The only time it was a bit awkward was last year at Lea Valley; I had time between classes so had taken off my dress and put trackie bums and top over my leotard and tights. Unfortunately I forgot I wasn't wearing a T-shirt when I got too hot in the café.... until everybody shrieked at me that I looked indecent! :lol: :oops:

samba
11-18-2007, 05:32 PM
The only time it was a bit awkward was last year at Lea Valley; I had time between classes so had taken off my dress and put trackie bums and top over my leotard and tights. Unfortunately I forgot I wasn't wearing a T-shirt when I got too hot in the café.... until everybody shrieked at me that I looked indecent! :lol: :oops:

You didnt tell me about that one I bet it really was hilarious.

I also forgot to mention that two of my most treasured dresses were made by these people, I just sent the measurements and they fitted like a glove.

fsk8r
11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Note to self. Make sure I've got something on under a flesh coloured leotard if sitting in hot cafes.
Thanks for all that. They've some fantastic dresses on their website. Just wish I had actually got as far as getting a programme together which requires a beautiful dress, but that's next year's mission.

Mrs Redboots
11-20-2007, 01:09 PM
No, it's over the flesh-coloured leotard that you want to wear something, so it doesn't look as though you're sitting there in your nothing-at-alls!

fsk8r
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Ahhh, i see the problem now...
something similar happened to me when someone saw a photo of me wearing my gold party top which has black lace over the top. The photo didn't really show it as gold and the person thought i was just wearing some scanty lace number...