View Full Version : What kind of skater(s) do you see yourself as?

FSWer
11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Say,besides Freestyle,what type of skater(s) could you mostly see yourself as? This is hyphophedical. For me...I could see myself as a Synchronized Skater and a Pairs Skater. Ok kids....GO!!!!!

SynchroSk8r114
11-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Well, I already do synchro and I'm finishing up my last Pre-Gold and my Gold dances, so of course I'd pick those two! I surely wouldn't be a pairs skater...I lack the bravery for that one!

jazzpants
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
None of the above. I prefer to skate alone especially since I jump and spin the other way and it's harder to find a good partner, never mind a synch team, to match up with my skating direction. The other issue is a time and flexibility issue. As it is, I have too much on my plate with my own skating to deal with w/o having to worry about skating with 1 or more other person.

I have done some synch for a show. It was fun... but nothing right now is pushing for me to rush off to try out for a synch team. :P

As for pairs... meh... most of the guys at my rink are gay and have no interest in teaming up with a girl! PLUS, I'm a BIG chicken!!! :P :lol:

Ice dancing? Ummm... and face the wrath of my primary coach hassling me about why I'm not doing my Silver Moves instead!?!?! Ummmm... no thank you!!! :giveup::P :lol:

Muskoka Skater
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm a singles skater so you should had singles as one of your pole options because I bet there are other singles skaters on this site.

Rusty Blades
11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I would LOVE to do Pairs again but the chance of finding a partner anywhere near my age who could throw me would be nearly ZIP!

Skittl1321
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm a singles skater so you should had singles as one of your pole options because I bet there are other singles skaters on this site.

I think the point of the poll is what ELSE could you see yourself as. Hypothetically, is what the OP says.

teresa
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I skate singles. I think if I was younger pairs would be FUN. My old coach sometimes would skate with me and pick me up. I thought it was fun. =-)

teresa

blackmanskating
11-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm a singles skater 'til I can't jump anymore. I can't see myself doing pairs, ice dance or synchro.

BlackManSkating

Skittl1321
11-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I am a singles skater and a synchro skater.

If I was young and skated eligible track I'd LOVE to do pairs.

kayskate
11-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I see myself as a singles skater, but I chose dance. I like to do solo dance and have been working on it for several yrs.

A friend asked me to join her sychnro team. Aside from not being able to afford it, I am a CW skater and am concerned about doing the majority of skills CCW. It might really help me and I plan to look into it when I can afford the investment maybe next season.

Kay

quarkiki2
11-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, I votes Synchro because that's what I'm doing right now. I'd really like to do ice dance, though, but we're very short on partners in the area (especially because I'm not tiny, LOL) and no one really teaches dance.

I'm never going to be a good jumper, but I like footwork and music, so dance it likely it for me! Although, I'd die happy if I ever got a camel spin...

black
11-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Possibly dance at some point. Compulsory looks a little boring, but the free dance looks like it could be really good with the right partner. Until then I'm happy messing about with freestyle and the occasional speed skating.

Muskoka Skater
11-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I could see myself doing pairs because I'm only 4'9" and I know I'm not growing any taller. I know I'm not growing any taller because my sister who is 25 is only 4'11", my mom is only about 5'3" and my dad is not that tall either. Except I know I could never be a pairs skater because I'm a clockwise skater.

GordonSk8erBoi
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I could see myself doing pairs because I'm only 4'9" and I know I'm not growing any taller. I know I'm not growing any taller because my sister who is 25 is only 4'11", my mom is only about 5'3" and my dad is not that tall either. Except I know I could never be a pairs skater because I'm a clockwise skater.

Actually there are pairs that skate opposites. It can be effective at times.

TimDavidSkate
11-26-2007, 07:48 PM
If somebody can throw and lift me - sure why not :halo:

Skittl1321
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM

You just have to find a partner who does it too! (or skate opposite).
I'm assuming you are female, so if you DO find a clockwise male skater, there will be a slightly shorter line of women hoping to find a partner in him!

Muskoka Skater
11-29-2007, 04:13 PM
maybe one day I'll be a pairs skater but for now I'll stick to singles!!

sue123
11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I would love to do pairs, but I'm too big for pairs, unless I can find a really strong 6'4 male. But the whole idea of being thrown up in the air, it sounds so much fun. What can I say, I'm an adrenaline junkie.