View Full Version : U.S. Adult Nats -- Announcement

NoVa Sk8r
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
...as well as all sectional forms located here:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Programs.asp?id=46

Direct link to AN2008 form (http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/200708/usadultchamps/2008%20U.S.%20Adult%20Championships%20Announcement .pdf).

Remember that the AN2008 form *must* be postmarked by Jan. 15.
New this year is Form F, competition music info. We need to supply the name of the music, the composer, the orchestra, and record label/number.

Transportation options are listed on page 24 (from Albany Airport to Lake Placid).

vesperholly
11-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I wonder why they want a detailed music sheet.

NoVa Sk8r
11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
For copyright reasons? Isn't AN going to be streamed over icenetwork?

TreSk8sAZ
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I wonder why they want a detailed music sheet.

They did it for all levels this year, and many local competitions are starting to do it as well. It has to do with copyright and the whole royalties issue.

Anyone know when the Pac Coasts announcement will be up??

mr7740
11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
So does this mean there isn't an official hotel? I apologize if it is right there in the form and I just missed it.

herniated
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I didn't see any official hotel info either!

Terri C
11-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Go to www.lakeplacid.com for hotel info!!
Hoping I can pass my Bronze free on 12/14 so I can go!

doubletoe
11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Go to www.lakeplacid.com for hotel info!!
Hoping I can pass my Bronze free on 12/14 so I can go!

Terri, you and I are both taking tests on 12/14! Let's start making sacrifices to the Skating Gods now! :halo:

looplover
11-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm tempted to drive to other states to take this test in time...arrggh I can't believe I won't be testing in time.

:(

I'll cheer you all on from a distance...

Terri C
11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm tempted to drive to other states to take this test in time...arrggh I can't believe I won't be testing in time.

:(

I'll cheer you all on from a distance...

I sent you a PM- my rink/ club is a little over 3 hours away!!

looplover
11-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I sent you a PM- my rink/ club is a little over 3 hours away!!

THANKS!!!! I might give it a shot!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

manleywoman
11-16-2007, 07:20 PM
THANKS!!!! I might give it a shot!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

It's worth trying. Here's my insane story:

In January of 2003, I was supposed to take my Novice FS on January 8th in Chicago. Mind you I moved to Chicago on January 6th! The test chair knew of my situation and that I was coming.

When I arrived on the 6th, I called the test chair and she didn't call back.

On the 7th, I called the test chair again and she didn't call back.

Early morning of the 8th, I called the rink to find out my times, any info, etc, because I hadn't heard anything from the test chair. Turns out the test was cancelled due to the test chair dying in a freak accident in her home on the 5th!!!:oops: Oh my.

So a skating friend two states over in Ohio called the test chair in her state and got me on a test on January 15th, if I wanted to give it a try. The deadline day. I decided to give it a shot.

I drove there . . . 6 hours one way . . . took the test, and passed. And found the nearest post office and sent the form in postmarked the 15th.

If I can do it under those bizarre cirxumstances, you can do it!

vesperholly
11-16-2007, 07:51 PM
manleywoman, has it really been that long you've lived in Chicago? I remember when you moved there! :mrgreen:

I'm taking Silver FS on Dec. 11. If I don't pass, I have another chance Jan. 10. And I thought that was cutting it close!

Stormy
11-16-2007, 07:55 PM
I've already reserved my room at the Marriott in LP, luckily I was able to score a good rate. Some friends wanted to get a cabin, but that'd be way too crazy for me. During competitions, I need my quiet alone down time! :)

Looking through the announcement is already making me incredible nervous! I'll be testing Gold right around the same time, mid december. I'll admit, qualifying to Championship is a LONG shot for me, but it'll be a fun challenge nonetheless, and I'll still get to do the open event either way. I can't wait to skate in LP! I've only skated there once for synchro, but that arena had an incredible energy in it. It was amazing to perform there.

jazzpants
11-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm already getting nervous looking at the announcements too. Especially how long the forms are and how much it's gonna cost me just thru competition fees and stuff!!! 8O I'm also kinda nervous (and excited at the same time) b/c this will be my VERY FIRST AN and I plan to stay the whole week so I can be check out the competitor's party this year, meet everyone that I haven't met (or rarely see) and see what all the fuss with NoVa and the vodka nips. :halo:

TimDavidSkate
11-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Im getting jittery :mrgreen:

I already reserved the hotel for all week and the car rental :halo:

vesperholly
11-16-2007, 11:56 PM
If anyone would like to go in on a hotel, let me know! I don't think I'll be there all week, though. I won't be able to reserve until after Dec. 11 because I still have Silver FS to pass.

jazzpants
11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Vesperholly, I would take you on your offer... but I am planning to stay all week and I need to plan the trip ASAP so I can get first dibs on the rooms that are available at the hotel I have in mind.

Yes, I am looking for a roomie to share a room at a hotel that's in the $90-100 a night range. (PM me for the choice of the hotel. I can assure you though that I've siphoned thru a lot of hotels and liked this one the best!) There might be a third person joining us in sharing a room, but it depends on whether or not she passes her Bronze FS test. :P (You know who you are!!!) But in any case, I'm looking for a person that is definitely going and staying the entire week. (Well, at least from Tues the 7th to Sunday the 13th.)

Preference will be given to someone who I know well on this board and probably a Bronze lady in my age group b/c of the sleeping and skating schedule. (It's a "trust and safety" thing for me.)

PM me if interested.

Stormy
11-18-2007, 08:04 AM
If anyone would like to go in on a hotel, let me know! I don't think I'll be there all week, though. I won't be able to reserve until after Dec. 11 because I still have Silver FS to pass.

You can reserve something now and cancel if you need to. The Marriott I'm at, I didn't need to put a deposit on the room or anything like that. I just made the reservation. I just don't want you to get stuck at a hotel you don't like or have to pay a higher amount. :)

I'm happy that LP is someplace I can drive to and I'll have my own car and that saves the cost of a plane fare....although after a couple of gas fill ups on my car, it's practically the cost of a plane ticket anyways, LOL.

Stormy
11-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Ok, I have a clarification question!

In the announcement for AN, test deadline is January 15, 08. Qualifying Easterns announcement test deadline is January 2, 2008. How/why are they different?? It makes a a BIG difference for me, if it's the 2nd, I only have one chance to test Gold free. If it's the 15th, I'll have 2 chances.

I called USFSA twice but getting them to return a call is like pulling teeth. Can anyone shed some light? Am I misunderstanding something?

daisies
11-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Stormy, you might check with the LOC of your Sectional, but sometimes the deadline for *non-qualifying* events is also Jan. 15. The Jan. 2 date is the drop-dead date for qualifying events, but a lot of times LOCs give leeway on the nonquals.

These deadline dates have been in effect for several years now. It was too much to deal with all of the entries -- for both Sectionals and AN -- coming in at the same time.

Stormy
11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
So I do need to pass my Gold free by January 2nd, then, since I want to enter the Championship event at Easterns? I admit, I always did non qual at Easterns, so I've always thought the deadline for qual was January 15th as well.

vesperholly
11-20-2007, 06:06 PM
redacted, I was wrong.

daisies
11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
So I do need to pass my Gold free by January 2nd, then, since I want to enter the Championship event at Easterns? I admit, I always did non qual at Easterns, so I've always thought the deadline for qual was January 15th as well.

Yes, for Championship you have to pass the test by 1/2. The AN deadline is different from qualifying because for AN you only enter open events; you can't "enter" the qualifying event at AN, you have to actually qualify and then fill out the forms they give you at Sectionals.

badaxel
11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Stormy: Are you moving up to Gold without me? You go! Good luck on your tests- I'm sure you'll pass the first time!

herniated
11-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Not really nervous yet. I had my room booked a while ago too. I'm having surgery on 12/4, so I'm hoping I will be able to prepare in time.

Stormy
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Stormy: Are you moving up to Gold without me? You go! Good luck on your tests- I'm sure you'll pass the first time!

Unfortunately! :( I hope you know I will miss you a ton at AN next year! I am testing Gold on December 13th. Only have that one shot to pass to be able to do Championship...no pressure there!! :)