View Full Version : Adult Eastern Sectionals - Forms

TimDavidSkate
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
NON-QUALIFYING INFO & FORMS (http://www.northjerseyfsc.org/media/adultnorthjersey-10.31.07_.pdf)

NORTH JERSEY FSC - HOMEPAGE (http://www.northjerseyfsc.org/index.htm)

mikawendy
11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for posting the links.

I notice in the nonqualifying announcement, the freestyle entry guidelines are written to not allow skating up (e.g., must have passed Bronze FS and no higher than Bronze FS). Is this typical for nonqual FS events at sectional competitions? (Or is it up to the LOC whether they want to allow skating up at nonqual events or not?)

techskater
11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Yes, it's typical that Sectionals does not allow skating up. The cut off I see for Easterns posted here (1/25) is AFTER the ANs cut off (1/15), so you can't test up if you are going to ANs anyway because you will dis-q yourself.

looplover
11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Poop! I'm not testing Bronze FS until February. If no skating up then I'm out of luck. Harumph.

Oh wait! It says you can have passed ISI FS4 and I did - do you think that means I could enter?

3800 Adult Bronze Free Skate — Music not to exceed 1:40
A competitor in the adult bronze free skate event must have passed the adult bronze free skate test and no
higher than the adult bronze free skate test, the standard preliminary free skate test, the ISI freestyle 4, or prior to
Oct.- 1, 1977, the 2nd figure test. No axel and no double jumps permitted.

techskater
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes - if you use that for your entry method

looplover
11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Yes - if you use that for your entry method

Thanks! I'd really like to do this one so my family could finally see me skate, they live very close to that rink.

patatty
11-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Techskater - are you sure? The way I read that rule is that you must have passed the bronze test AND not have passed higher than . . . .

i.e., if you passed ISI Freestyle 5 or USFSA pre-juvenile, you are disqualified, even if your only adult USFSA test is Bronze.

I think if you could use one of those other tests as the qualifier, they would have used the connector OR instead.

(or maybe it's just the lawyer in me reading things too literally)

LWalsh
11-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes, You have to have passed Bronze, that is the first qualifier. Then you have to NOT have passed any higher than .....ect

If you passed FS4 in ISI than it should be easy to pass Broze FS

Lara

looplover
11-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes, You have to have passed Bronze, that is the first qualifier. Then you have to NOT have passed any higher than .....ect

If you passed FS4 in ISI than it should be easy to pass Broze FS

Lara

oh man :(

I will pass Bronze FS (I think) but there's no test session prior the deadline - there's no test within driving distance before it. There is one the day AFTER the deadline!

Debbie S
11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Generally, most adult non-qual comps are pretty flexible about the qualification and let people enter with 'non-traditional' credentials - for example, if you just turned 21 and have passed the Prelim FS test but haven't gotten around to testing Bronze FS yet, or if you've only tested ISI, etc, b/c the hosting club wants to get all the entries it can (after all, the more people who enter, the more money will be made). As long as you don't exceed the requirements for a level, you are usually fine. But you can't do that for AN, and it sounds like Sectionals is trying to be strict like that, so I would assume that an ISI test wouldn't qualify you to enter the comp (only disqualify if you've passed higher than allowed for the level you wish to enter).

lov2sk8
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
What if you passed standard track novice moves in the field but have only passed silver free and adult gold moves? Can you still compete as a silver free?

mr7740
11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Moves in the field should have no bearing on your freestyle level in competition. (Unless there have been some changes I am unaware of...but I very certain this is the case)

looplover
11-15-2007, 08:01 AM
OK I am totally bummed out. This means I can't go to adult nationals either.

I am beyond bummed out.

I guess I'll be in less debt, though. :(

sk8er1964
11-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Looplover, check with the LOC. I think that you are probably ok with just the ISI test. I was told that US Figure Skating is planning on relaxing things for adults who have passed ISI and not USFS tests.

Don't think that you are ok for AN, though - might want to email your adult chair.

Terri C
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I notice in the nonqualifying announcement, the freestyle entry guidelines are written to not allow skating up (e.g., must have passed Bronze FS and no higher than Bronze FS). Is this typical for nonqual FS events at sectional competitions? (Or is it up to the LOC whether they want to allow skating up at nonqual events or not?)

I have e-mailed the LOC chiar to see if skating up could be allowed in at least the compulsory events. The latest I've heard from that is that the LOC chair is checking with the Chief Referee and if it does pan out that skating up is allowed then I'll be putting in for a vacation day at work and booking a flight!

looplover
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I have e-mailed the LOC chiar to see if skating up could be allowed in at least the compulsory events. The latest I've heard from that is that the LOC chair is checking with the Chief Referee and if it does pan out that skating up is allowed then I'll be putting in for a vacation day at work and booking a flight!

Hm...interesting...if that does happen I may just go, as I can stay with my parents.

Stormy
12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't mind myself if they allowed skating up. I'll be in Silver FS, but would love to skate up to Gold for compulsory moves at least, if not jumps too.

Terri C
12-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Just heard from the LOC chair this morning.....
Yes, skating up will be allowed, AFAIK in the compulsory, jump and spin events.
Will start re working my Bronze CM program tomorrow!
Merry Christmas all.