View Full Version : Ice Dancer Shop-UK

Ice Dancer
11-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Has anyone ever used the Ice Dancer shop in Basingstoke, UK? I ordered something online two weeks ago, which still hasn't arrived and they aren't answering emails, or returning voicemails.

Has anyone ever heard of similar stories of them, or had any experiences themselves? I don't know whether I should be starting to get worried!

skatingdoris
11-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi Ice Dancer,
I assume you mean this site http://www.ice-dancer.co.uk/

I have ordered off them fix or six times over the last couple of years, the first time I did the order came really quickly - within a few days. however since then each progressiv order seems to have taken longer and longer to come, the last thing i ordered off them was a dress which they said would take about 2 weeks to arrive, it took six!!

How long ago did you e-mail them? When I have e-mailed them to query orders in the past they have always replied, but only after a week or so, I have never tried ringing them.
Because of this I have decided not to use them anymore, which is a shame as they do some really nice stuff.

Good luck, hope you manage to get a response.

Gareth
11-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I've used them twice, and both times they have not been very quick at all. I ordered 2 pairs of laces from them one time, one pair arrived after about 2-3 weeks with a note saying the other pair were to follow. They arrived over 2 months later. The second order I placed with them arrived after over 3 weeks. I won't be using them again and I can't say I would recommend them.

Don't be worried, your order will arrive, whether it is this year I don't know:(

fsk8r
11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I've not used them myself, but the store is in Basingstoke, and people around here go down and visit the store and have been quite happy with the goods.
Is there a possibilty of visiting the store and getting your items that way?

Ice Dancer
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Is there a possibilty of visiting the store and getting your items that way?

No not really because although I skate in Basingstoke, I am either there at 6am for patch or 7pm for evening skate and it costs me enough in petrol as it is!

I emailed them about this time last week, and then again yesterday which was also when I left the voicemail. One number I have tried just rings out, and the other says it is not possible to connect your call!

I don't think I'll be using them again somehow! I've only used Bunty in the past and they were fantastic.