View Full Version : How long did it take you to perfect your feel of being lifted?

FSWer
11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Say, I was just wondering how long it took everyone here to perfect their feel of being lifted? Please say if you are Pairs,Synchro.,or Dance.

renatele
11-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Hmm... it took me years of careful imagination, at least twice a day, to perfect my *feel* of being lifted... and I've never actually *been* lifted.

Sorry, just couldn't resist :)

Mrs Redboots
11-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Our lift broke, alas.... we are having to try out some new ones. Think we will start on Sunday.

Isk8NYC
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Many, many moons ago, I did very-basic ISI Pairs with a good friend.
It was not pretty, but we managed to pass one or two tests before I stopped skating.

I always HATED being lifted. I'm afraid of falling from heights. Even a hip lift would make me nervous, which would make him nervous, which led to silliness and mistakes. But, we both have good humor and found the whole situation hilarious! lol (We're still friendly, but our paths don't cross since we both moved.)

I trusted him not to drop me on purpose, even though I deserved it a few times. I think that's the critical part - being able to trust the "lifter(s)." That's why many competitive synchro teams have team-building workshops - to build that trust among the teammates.

You get over the sensation of being lifted by practicing off-ice, on a well-padded floor. lol