View Full Version : Halloween Classic Results?

2salch0w
11-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Any results available yet for the Halloween Classic? Or any reports from those of you that were/are there?

Tim

starskate6.0
11-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Well here is one result.. Mine.:(

Comfort food , starwars DVD, myself flat on the couch and the biggest bottle of Wine I can find.. Gold mens Free . My competition withdrew and I skated alone but missed 2 out of 3 doubles.stupid stupid stupid.:( ..Big bottle....Big Bottle..

lovepairs
11-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Don't worry, love, you're still gorgeous! And that's all that counts!

(I feel your pain...)

Lovepairs

starskate6.0
11-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks Honey
I haven't missed a double jump in over a week and now I do..:frus:
I am feeling a bit lonely tonight Just me and Wine.. :( But its nice to be loved..:) .Thanks again Honey. What happened with you..?

lovepairs
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
We just don't know how to skate anymore...that's all...you saw it the other day...you're not alone...don't worry...now, sing along:

"The sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there will be sun...just thinkin about tomorrow...."

Come on, love, you can sing along in your drucken stuppor.....

What are you eating: macaroni and cheese, ice cream, pop corn?

You, my dear, are NOT alone! This ice thing bites...it's there when you don't need it...and it goes south when you need it. End of story.

TimDavidSkate
11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
:halo: Im very interested on Silver Men's results :P

starskate6.0
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
:halo: Im very interested on Silver Men's results :P
Sorry Tim
I did watch some of them skate but I was next on the ice and I was changing .
They all did quite well and the competition was very evenly match from what I saw , I did not get the final result..There where a lot of them though.

flo
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
It was great. Lots of fun and a chance to catch up with people! I enjoyed watching the interp programs, good quality skating and thought out programs. With all the rules and requirements in the fs programs, there's little room for skating. It's nice just to see people skate and hold an edge or element before racing on to the next requirement!

Emberchyld
11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
It was great. Lots of fun and a chance to catch up with people! I enjoyed watching the interp programs, good quality skating and thought out programs. With all the rules and requirements in the fs programs, there's little room for skating. It's nice just to see people skate and hold an edge or element before racing on to the next requirement!

I agree with the interp. This was my first competition ever, so not only did I have a lot of fun competing (Improv I-II-- I was the one in the teal dress and Interp I-II-- I was the one wiping the slush off of her black and white-striped bottom! That was it, because I wasn't going to jump into freestyle in my first competition.), but I also had the joy of watching-- what fun and creative programs! Personal favorites in the interp: The masters man who practically tap danced on the ice, Superman, the "Love Boat/Jaws/Flipper" program, and the "Doggie" program. But all of them that I was able to watch were fantastic.

BTW, Thank you everyone from the Iceworks skating club who made this a great event, and for the warm welcome.

sexyskates
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
It was nice to meet you, Emberchyld. I'm glad you had a good experience at your first competition, and hopefully I'll see you at the next one (NYI's Invitational). You skated great!
I had a GREAT time at the Halloween Classic! What fun to skate with all of you wonderful people! After viewing my video however, I have ALOT of work to do before NYI. I feel truly inspired now after seeing such quality skating from the other competititors.
And a big thank you to Andrea, Helga, Steven and the whole Iceworks crew who made this event such a success! We of the Gold/Silver team "Bats and the Belfry" really had a fun time!

mikawendy
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
I had a great time, too! I skated on a maneuver team with flutzilla and 2 other team members (I don't think they post here). It was great fun! (And Phillyskater and hippo were great in the team maneuver event, too!)

Flutzilla did a great job in Bronze FS ;) though I didn't get to see her skate because I was going afterward.

My fs program went pretty well for a first time out, but there are definitely things I want to work on.

Many many thanks to the members of the hosting club and the volunteers from other clubs!!

And the warm and toasty locker rooms were VERY MUCH appreciated this year. It made the coldness of the arena much easier to tolerate.

And I agree, the interps were great. I liked the USFS "cheerleading" program and the one with the skater who used the large pink chiffon fabric--very beautiful skating, and interesting uses of the fabric.

flo
11-06-2007, 09:08 AM
This event has always had a very "comfortable" feel to it. Before our interp event, most of our group was upstairs watching together enjoying the other interps. It was also nice that we had a good variety in our group. And congrats to Mika on her medals - and all skaters!

The warm dressing rooms were great!

starskate6.0
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I agree with the interp. This was my first competition ever, so not only did I have a lot of fun competing (Improv I-II-- I was the one in the teal dress and Interp I-II-- I was the one wiping the slush off of her black and white-striped bottom! That was it, because I wasn't going to jump into freestyle in my first competition.), but I also had the joy of watching-- what fun and creative programs! Personal favorites in the interp: The masters man who practically tap danced on the ice, Superman, the "Love Boat/Jaws/Flipper" program, and the "Doggie" program. But all of them that I was able to watch were fantastic.

BTW, Thank you everyone from the Iceworks skating club who made this a great event, and for the warm welcome.
Thanks for the nice words..( The tap dancer :mrgreen: )

sexyskates
11-07-2007, 07:42 PM
And also thanks for the nice words - (the Love Boat/ Jaws/ Flipper thing - I call it my "Lost at Sea" Program). :)

Emberchyld
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the nice words..( The tap dancer :mrgreen: )

:bow: Starskate, you happened to be my sisters' favorite skater o' the day. My sister's boyfriend was with us as well, and while we were chatting (and I was stretching) during your warm-up, he kept saying, "Woah, that guy did that thing with his skates again!" We'd look up... "Oh, you missed it.":frus:

Suffice it to say that we were glued to our seats during your program!

And also thanks for the nice words - (the Love Boat/ Jaws/ Flipper thing - I call it my "Lost at Sea" Program).

:mrgreen: I pointed you out to my coach and "family" (sisters + the aforementioned eventual brother-in-law) before your warm-up as one to watch, and we were rolling with laughter during the jaws section! My coach really enjoyed your program, as well. (I wasn't totally sure when you described the whole thing how you'd manage to get the entire story into such a short amount of time, but you did. It was awe-inspiring)

Of course, thanks to everyone who skated, I spent an hour lesson on Sunday being drilled in "new things that we will have to add to your program if you want to compete against that caliber of skaters" :roll:

flo
11-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Like flipper, although I thought it was orca at the end! It was a fun group.

skaternum
11-08-2007, 12:21 PM
So are there any signs in the Heavens that there might be results posted soon? Or a link to the pictures? I want to see how some of my friends did. And what they wore. :P

flo
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
There was no photographer on Saturday. I wore a black unitart with a skirt and an Army jacket.

2salch0w
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM
So are there any signs in the Heavens that there might be results posted soon? Or a link to the pictures? I want to see how some of my friends did. And what they wore. :P

I heard back from Andrea today that they are working on having results up very soon. --tim

NoVa Sk8r
11-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Results are posted:
http://www.helgayang.net/HalloweenClassicResults.aspx

PatSkates
11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks Nova Sk8r,

I was having trouble finding the link and wanted to see the results. Many thanks!

NoVa Sk8r
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Photos are posted:
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=3269275

skaternum
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow, the photo displays are very unfriendly. No event names. No date or time groupings. Yuck.

MusicSkateFan
11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
No photos from the team event!:( :( :( :?: :?: :?:

flo
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised the photo people made it there for the first day. I need to pick one and send it to the fellow who gave me the jacket.

mikawendy
11-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Did anyone lose a small sewing kit at the competition? A friend of mine picked one up that had been left behind on a table (thinking it was mine), but it wasn't. If it's yours, PM me.