View Full Version : more info for rinks in seattle

Verena
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi!

I'll be in Seattle next week for a few days and I would like to go skating, of course :).
I have found out about several arenas: Highland Ice Arena, Castle Ice arena, Lynnwood Ice arena, Olympic View Arena etc..
However, on google maps, all seem pretty far from the Hyatt hotel (900 Bellevue Way NE Bellevue, WA 98004) close to which I will be staying.
Would anybody know which arena is easier to reach by public transportation from the Hyatt, and, most importantly, how I could reach the arena?

Any tip would be useful! Thanks!

V.

doubletoe
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
If it's still there, Kingsgate Ice Arena is in North Kirkland, and Kirkland is north of Bellevue on the 405. Not sure if it's still there, though.

14314 124th Ave
Kirkland, WA 98034 map
district: Kirkland
Tel. 425.823.1242

Otherwise, your best bet is probably Highland Ice Arena, on the Seattle side.
Use the Metro Trip Planner to see how to get there by bus:

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl

GordonSk8erBoi
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi!

I'll be in Seattle next week for a few days and I would like to go skating, of course :).
I have found out about several arenas: Highland Ice Arena, Castle Ice arena, Lynnwood Ice arena, Olympic View Arena etc..
However, on google maps, all seem pretty far from the Hyatt hotel (900 Bellevue Way NE Bellevue, WA 98004) close to which I will be staying.
Would anybody know which arena is easier to reach by public transportation from the Hyatt, and, most importantly, how I could reach the arena?

Any tip would be useful! Thanks!

V.

I'm not a Seattleite so I can't tell you about transit, but having just skated at Highland and visited OVA, I would tell you that OVA is a much nicer rink! Although Highland has some 'character'.

There are quite a number of adult skaters in Seattle, much more so than Portland, seemingly.