View Full Version : Do pairs/dance compete at sect

littlekateskate
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Okay, this is prob pretty ovbious to most of you. But do all pairs/dance go straight to sectionals and skip regionals?

If so then, how many people make it from each group. Is this due to a smaller number of competitors?

Skittl1321
10-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I asked at our regionals why there were no pairs/dance couples- I was told it's not due to numbers (there were only 2 senior men for example) but money. The region has to bring in all new judges for pairs and dance- it just costs too much.

I don't know about all levels, but a pair at our rink goes straight to nationals- they are a lower level though.

TreSk8sAZ
10-26-2007, 05:26 PM
All novice through senior pairs and dancers begin at sectionals. The top 4 from each section move on to Senior Nationals.

Juvenile and intermediate pairs and dance, this year at least, go straight to Junior Nationals. There will be qualifying groups once there, and how many from each group probably depends on the size of the groups.

Yes, generally this is because there are smaller numbers and, at least in many regions, all of the pairs/dance teams entered would go on to Sectionals anyway. In addition, only judges that are qualified for pairs or dance may judge these levels, which requires other panels to pay, feed, lodge, etc. and more ice time that has to be reserved in an already long competition.