View Full Version : ughhhh mental block

ibreakhearts66
10-25-2007, 02:21 AM
so. in the past i used to have issues with my axel. i thought that had gone away, but now i'm having those issues again. i'll go like i'm about to do an axel, but then i'll pop it, just step forward, or do a waltz jump. i am perfectly capable of doing a good, solid axel WHEN i do it! Then I get all frustrated, and the rest of my skating suffers. I don't know what to do. I try doing off ice axels before i skate, i try sitting down and relaxing while visualizing axels (although visualizing for me is more imagining i'm actually doing it, not watching), everything. It is so frustrating. Plus I have competition in about 10 days. I can land the doubles in my program (sal and loop), but I end with an axel/half loop/double sal.

ugh i just don't know how to get over this mental hump. i was doing BEAUTIFUL axels this summer, even working on doubles. Now its like I can't do the jump at all

SynchroSk8r114
10-25-2007, 08:42 AM
I feel ya! That's how I get with my double sal - when they're good, they're good. But when they're not...well, that's when they start popping or I two-foot them for no reason, which frustrates not only me but my coach as well, especially because I know that I could have landed them clean. Hang in there though - it'll come.

Ah, the joys of skating...;)