View Full Version : Vana Tallinn Cup 2008 ?

pille
10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know if there will be Vana Tallinn Cup 2008 in Estonia? I can't seem to find any info on it, is it too soon? :?:

I'm from Estonia, but have not been back since 2000, it would be so cool to have a dual-purpose trip: go see the family and skate!

Mrs Redboots
10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
It hasn't been announced; Piret Valamaa has decided that after five years of organising it, she has had enough. However, she had hoped to pass the baton on to someone else, but whether anybody else has taken it up, I don't know.

rlichtefeld
10-22-2007, 02:42 PM
It is usually held the weekend before or after the Mountain Cup. The Mountain Cup's dates for 2008 are 5-8 June. The attempt is to have the VTT, MC and ISU all adult on 3 consecutive weekends.

Rob

Does anyone know if there will be Vana Tallinn Cup 2008 in Estonia? I can't seem to find any info on it, is it too soon? :?:

I'm from Estonia, but have not been back since 2000, it would be so cool to have a dual-purpose trip: go see the family and skate!

pille
10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I just got an e-mail back from Piret Valamaa and she said the event will be definitely happening again in 2008.
Further info will be available early Dec 07.

Now I really need to think whether to participate. :P

Mrs Redboots
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Oh, you must - we went last year and had a lovely time! It is a very pleasant competition, small enough to be friendly, and not nerve-wracking.

We don't, at this point in time, have plans to go again in 2008, but, if the competition continues, will definitely go again at some time in the future.