View Full Version : What majority of level skaters do we have on this board?

FSWer
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Say,I was wondering what majority of skaters on this board are at what level?

Kim to the Max
10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Well...my current test level is Preliminary/Pre Juv Freestyle and I'm working on my Intermediate moves in the field. I am hoping to pass my MITF test by the end of this season and passing my Pre Juv/Juv Freestyles as well...just gotta' land that darn Axel!

singerskates
10-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Many of us are adult skaters. You didn't have any of the adult categories in your list.

I would like to make a suggestion. How about having an Adult On-Ice Skaters section?

Morgail
10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
And, on the standard track, there are many levels that fall in between Learn to Skate and Novice. Novice sounds like it would be a beginning level, but acutally it's rather advanced;)
Here are the other levels:
Pre-Preliminary
Preliminary
Pre-Juvenile
Juvenile
Intermediate
then, Novice, etc.

As for me, I'm Adult Bronze:)

Skittl1321
10-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Many of us are adult skaters. You didn't have any of the adult categories in your list.

I would like to make a suggestion. How about having an Adult On-Ice Skaters section?

It seems to me that the majority of skaters in the on-ice section (at least the ones who post a lot) are adult skaters, so it wouldn't make a ton of sense, to me at least, to have a seperate section.

In the "official" test structure, I am an Adult Pre-Bronze skater. That's equivelent to the standard track Pre-Preliminary.

As for this poll category- I selected LTS, but that's a bit misleading- as I'm not longer basic skills, which most people associate with LTS, but I do still take a power/edge class, and a freestyle class- because it's cheaper. I've passed Freeskate 3, but I'm not sure if it was a "real" test if my elements would all have been passable. So while I'm working on FS 4 elements, I am also still working hard at FS 3 elements.

jskater49
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM

As others have pointed out, it already is mostly adults and I kind of like hearing from the occasional younger skater.

j

sexyskates
10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Adult Silver FS

SynchroSk8r114
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Intermediate freestyle and Pre-Gold dances here! :mrgreen:

Testing my Starlight Waltz and Paso next Wednesday! ;)

Hopefully testing my Intermediate by the end of the year...

ibreakhearts66
10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
only tested pre-pre, but should be in pre-juv/juv. i have 3 of my doubles clean and consistent, the other 2 about 1/4 turn cheated

Kristin
10-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Adult Silver FS

RoaringSkates
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Pre-bronze dance, but if the lord is with me, on Thursday, all that may change. :prays: :practices: :prays again:

Muskoka Skater
10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
You have forgotten many levels may I suggest:

Canskate
Preliminary
Jr.Bronze/Pre.Juevenile
Sr.Bronze/Juevenile
Jr.Silver/Pre.Novice
Sr.Silver/Novice
Gold/Junior
Senior

I'm a Sr.Bronze skating but hopefully taking the Pre.Novice soon.

Joan
10-23-2007, 09:20 PM
This has probably been said already, but there are levels between "learn to skate" and "Intermediate" - "learn to skate" generally refers to basic 1-8 and precedes the lowest standard track test "pre-preliminary". After pre-preliminary, there is preliminary, prejuvenile, juvenile, and THEN Intermediate.

kayskate
10-24-2007, 06:40 AM
I hope to test up to my level this season. I am about silver adult. I could go gold except for axel. I would like to test up to juv and intermediate MITF. I plan to test pre-bronze dance too.

Kay