View Full Version : Deborah Burgoyne North American Adult Competition - February 16, 2008

w.w.west
10-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Please save the date for our annual adult competition in Wyandotte,
Michigan. The announcement will be available early November. I will
post here when it is ready.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

w.w.west
11-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Here is the link to the announcement. Hope to see you in February!

http://ic.net/~burgoyne/wyandot/wyandot.htm

techskater
11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Mine went out in the mail this morning!! :P

flying~camel
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I'll be there, I just need to send in my forms! :)

Mel On Ice
11-08-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll be doing freestyle, interp and interp pairs. What the hey, maybe I'll throw in a solo dance to giggles.

singerskates
11-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Here is the link to the announcement. Hope to see you in February!

http://ic.net/~burgoyne/wyandot/wyandot.htm

Mary from what I read it sounds like only US skaters can compete at this. Is this right? Were you not able to get a Skate Canada sanction? After all, it is called Deborah Burgoyne "North American" Adult Competition. Last I looked Canada was part of North America. If you tried and Skate Canada and/or Skate Canada WOS is giving you a hard time with sanctioning because of the Skate Canada WOS Boston Pizza Sectional being the same weekend, then I understand as we WOS adult skaters still don't have our announcement for Boston Pizza.

By the way, Boston Pizza is being held in a rink almost across the boarder from the Yack Arena at South Windsor Arena. Crazy isn't it?

singerskates

w.w.west
11-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Mary from what I read it sounds like only US skaters can compete at this. Is this right? Were you not able to get a Skate Canada sanction? After all, it is called Deborah Burgoyne "North American" Adult Competition. Last I looked Canada was part of North America. If you tried and Skate Canada and/or Skate Canada WOS is giving you a hard time with sanctioning because of the Skate Canada WOS Boston Pizza Sectional being the same weekend, then I understand as we WOS adult skaters still don't have our announcement for Boston Pizza.

By the way, Boston Pizza is being held in a rink almost across the boarder from the Yack Arena at South Windsor Arena. Crazy isn't it?

singerskates

I'm not Mary, but I'll respond. We have not had any Canadian participation in about five years. Canadian sanctions cost money now, at least that is what it states on the sanction form. We're not going to spend the money to get a Canadian sanction when we don't have Canadian skaters. If we do get any Canadian entries, we will absolutely secure the sanction. So if there is definite interest, please let me know now. It would be helpful if I had the entries/monies as soon as possible so that we can contact Skate Canada.

singerskates
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
When is your closing date? I've already sent an email to WOS to find out when they would schedule the adult events during SC WOSBoston Pizza StarSkate Sectionals but so far I haven't heard anything back. I will try again.

flying~camel
02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks to the organizers for another great competition in Wyandotte!

I skated well and had a blast! Looking forward to Mids in 3 weeks! :)

NoVa Sk8r
02-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Results and photos are available:
http://www.sk8stuff.com/utility/lister_event_detail.asp?id=3651

coskater64
02-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Looks like fun!!

flying~camel
02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Looks like fun!!

It was tons of fun and I'm in a few of the pictures on sk8stuff.com! ;)

I got 1st in Bronze YA/I/II & 3rd in Interp A/D YA/I/II. :D

deannathegeek
02-18-2008, 01:43 PM
I saw the pics this morning on Don Korte's skating site. I hope I can compete against other adults some day-it looks like so much fun! So far, every competition I've been in I've been the only adult to skate at my level (and in some cases, the only adult in the whole competition!).

Mel On Ice
02-18-2008, 07:21 PM
it was the internet debut of Dave the chocolate fish!

deannathegeek
02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
it was the internet debut of Dave the chocolate fish!

Chocolate fish?!?