View Full Version : MK 21 blade

isakswings
10-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the MK 21 blade? Would it be ok for a child who is in basic 5(USFSA) and planning on staying in the program for awhile? I posted on the skaters section regarding finding skates for my daughter who is outgrowing her current skates(Riedell Blue Ribbon 21). I found these on Ebay and I am considering them. I've e-mailed the seller so could ask for some more information about the boot too. She doesn't list a model number. Anyway... would the MK 21 blade be OK for my daughter? From what I can find out online it is a good recreational/beginner blade. Here is a link to the auction. I hope it is ok to post this here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Girls-Riedell-Figure-Skates-Size-2-1-2_W0QQitemZ320168592372QQihZ011QQcategoryZ26344QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Angie

isakswings
10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I talked to another coach tonight and he said that blade would be fine for her. He also fit her for new skates, so I now know the size I need and have decided we will likely order the Bronze Medallion with either a MK 21 or Wilson Excel blade. Thanks anyway.

Logan3
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I think the skates on ebay are bronze melallion. The number "27" that is written inside the boot before the JS is the old number for the bronze medallion series. The skates look good!

isakswings
10-17-2007, 01:58 AM
I think the skates on ebay are bronze melallion. The number "27" that is written inside the boot before the JS is the old number for the bronze medallion series. The skates look good!

Thanks. I appreciate your feedback! :-)

isakswings
10-17-2007, 02:02 AM

You are right! It is the old number for the Bronze Medallion. I looked it up on Riedell's site. Thanks.