View Full Version : Just a funny tip from a coach

hepcat
10-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm in LTS levels. Last night in our group class, we were working on forward inside 3's which have been eluding me.

We have an assistant in the class who is in high school. She looked at my inside three and could tell I wasn't rotating enough, but she explained it like this:

"I remember when I was learning this because I was 13 and it was sort of embarrassing...but you squeeze one boob then when you check you squeeze the other."

Sure enough, I wasn't twisting enough for my arm to squeeze a boob, and when I did that, magically I could get them! :lol: But I could see how that would be embarrassing at age 13.

toepickdes
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow. I think that is the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! And now that I think about it...it actually makes a lot of sense! My cousin is working on these and has a hard time with them still so I might tell her that. Funny!

doubletoe
10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow, I feel sorry for the boys. . . :lol:

jazzpants
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Never mind the women who don't have much boobs... :oops:

Of course, like the ones without much boobs, the guys could wear a fake padded bra... :twisted: :P :lol:

liz_on_ice
10-11-2007, 06:00 PM

my coaches both say something like you should feel a pinch in your shoulder. Less evocative, but works for children and boys :)

looplover
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Never mind the women who don't have much boobs... :oops:

Of course, like the ones without much boobs, the guys could wear a fake padded bra... :twisted: :P :lol:

LOL! Yeah...this tip probably wouldn't have done much for me :cry:

SynchroSk8r114
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Speaking of breasts, my male dance partner said I need to skate the Starlight with posture that screams "Look at these!" I laughed my butt off because, unfortunately, I was not blessed with much of "those." I told him that and all he said was, "Well, neither do I. But I still skate like I got 'em!" :lol: Wow...

miraclegro
10-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, i'd still be groping/grasping for those! I don't have enough up top to have it help meeee! hahaha

dbny
10-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Well, i'd still be groping/grasping for those! I don't have enough up top to have it help meeee! hahaha

Count me as another that it wouldn't help!

Skittl1321
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Our synchro team is doing Thriller and we do the "monster claw" forward walk thing with our chasses.

I was told to demonstrate it, and the instructor told everyone to really lead with their boobs. "Right boob, right boob, left boob, left boob" like I was doing. Since I have pretty much no boobs to speak of- if I can lead with my boobs anyone can.

Saying "chest" didn't really get the action right for some reason, but picking the correct boob to thrust did it!

Mrs Redboots
10-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Speaking of breasts, my male dance partner said I need to skate the Starlight with posture that screams "Look at these!" I laughed my butt off because, unfortunately, I was not blessed with much of "those." I told him that and all he said was, "Well, neither do I. But I still skate like I got 'em!" :lol: Wow...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: rotfl! But how right he is, all the same.

Of course, it's the funny images/remarks that one remembers - like your 13-year-old and squeezing her tits. One coach, apparently, used to yell "tits up!" at her skaters when they were slouching.

jskater49
10-12-2007, 05:49 AM
my coach's favorite line - "you have a rack - show it off"

j

cherriee
10-12-2007, 09:44 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rusty Blades
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I remember a coach who was stressing posture in stroking for a number of adult women who would holler at the top of her voice "Boobs up girls!" (except she used a word starting with "T" 8O )

sk8tmum
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
"Land like you're peeing over a fence" - there's a guy one to add - I don't think women landing with that thought would have the right visual?

hepcat
10-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Of course, it's the funny images/remarks that one remembers - like your 13-year-old and squeezing her tits. One coach, apparently, used to yell "tits up!" at her skaters when they were slouching.

Someone needs to come up with one that can substitute for "more knee bend" then!

GordonSk8erBoi
10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
My coach tells me to squeeze my glutes when I'm pushing out from the half flip. I call it my "Buns o' Steel" posture.

liz_on_ice
10-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Someone needs to come up with one that can substitute for "more knee bend" then!

butt to heels :halo:

hepcat
10-13-2007, 12:15 AM
butt to heels :halo:

Now that you say that, "### to grass" comes to mind. :lol:

chowskates
10-13-2007, 03:09 AM

Well, my male friend was commenting that I needed to pull in tighter on my doubles - by saying that I had to squeeze those boobs together!