View Full Version : What color Medalist are you?

FSWer
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Say,what color Medalist is everyone here? Please include your level,Discipline(s),and what your time title is (2 time,etc.).

icedancer2
10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Bronze medal, 2004 Pacific Coast Masters Synchro.

Gold medal, 1966 Detroit Skating Club sub-juvenile girls.
:P

Mel On Ice
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking, I have medals of every color. I'm a bronze level skater though.

jskater49
10-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I too, have medal of every color, including pewter. And the funny thing is, the only one I earned by actually beating someone is my gold!

j

Paulie86
10-11-2007, 04:01 AM
I haven't competed for many, many years, mainly because i stopped skating for about 2 years a few years back, but when I was skating I did compete twice. In one competition I placed first (gold) and I didn't place in the top 3 at the other competition. But hopefully i will be back competiting soon :)

SynchroSk8r114
10-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Since I no longer compete, I'll relate this to my USFSA tests.

USFSA tests:
I have passed my Gold Senior MIF test back in 2005.

Currently working on trying to get through my Pre-Golds/Gold dances so that I can get my Gold in dance, too!

I've come to accept the fact that few skaters ever get their Golds in freestyle, and that I (unfortunately) will not be one of these few. :giveup: If I can get through my Novice FS, I'll be thrilled.

flying~camel
10-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I got a bronze medal in Adult Interp I A/D from 2007 ANs, but I also have medals of every color from other competitions...

Mrs Redboots
10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
We, too, have medals of every colour (although a pewter medal is not awarded in this country), but mostly by default, alas.

FSWer
10-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Say,before we go on. Is there anyone here that can explain what color Pewter is

daisies
10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Say,before we go on. Is there anyone here that can explain what color Pewter is

It's a dirty-looking silver. Pewter is an alloy of tin and copper, and sometimes lead.

samba
10-12-2007, 03:44 AM
I have two Silver for the Adult British free Elementary, twice a bridesmaid, never a bride in this one:cry: , due to health issues the chances of my ever getting gold are now out of the question but hey I have had a lot of fun along the way and have had a few firsts in opens.

coskater64
10-12-2007, 05:19 AM
I don't really understand the question, it's not qualified enough...in our last competition, at the last regional/sectional/national/adult/standard/Jr which would it be. LIke most I have medal in all colors because I compete routinely, whether it is skill or luck is just a toss up.:bow: :halo:

flo
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
9 from Adult Nationals - all colors. Events: adult pairs, masters pairs, bronze and silver freestyle, interpretive.
2 international, gold in gold pairs and silver in interpretive.
Lots of fun from all - and the ones I didn't get!

Skittl1321
10-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't really understand the question, it's not qualified enough...in our last competition, at the last regional/sectional/national/adult/standard/Jr which would it be. LIke most I have medal in all colors because I compete routinely, whether it is skill or luck is just a toss up.:bow: :halo:

I think this question doesn't really work for the skill levels represented here.

If someone wins a olympic silver- regardless of what medals come after they will always be a "silver" medalist- unless another olympic medal comes by. If they get a bronze at the next worlds, they will still be refered to in the media as a silver medalist- their newest placement might be named.

Even if Kimmie Meissner does not retain her world title in the future- she will always be a "world gold medalist".

But at the regional/sectional (and in the case of most people on this board, local) level, you're only as good as your last medal. Not to discount all the previous competitions, because you still earned the win- that's not what I'm meaning. But, you don't really retain titles. (Though I do know we have adult national medalists here. )

At least that's how I see it.

And on that note, I'm a no-medalist :)