View Full Version : Aiptek Camcorder

miraclegro
10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
A few weeks ago i purchased an Aiptek digital camcorder, and taped my recent competition. Seems the moving images are blurry, but when my daugther took still photos it did great. Am i missing something on this little $100 camera to get better video, or...

i am thinking about returning it, but i can't go up but more than about $100. I like that i can put it on memory card, and then burn to DVD, but don't know best brands to get. I like a fairly compact one.

Any suggestions?

miraclegro
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I forgot to mention - the model of the Aiptek is IS-DV2.

sue123
10-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I don't know about that specific camcorder, but in general, a camcorder shouldn't take great stills because movie adn photos need different lenses. But if it's definitly a camcorder, adn not a digital camera with video capabilities, then I don't know. I have a Canon camcorder, and I like it a lot. Although it broke once, but it was probably my own fault because I took it on all my trips, and just threw it into my bag, not the camera bag, so it was floating around, getting bumped and tossed, but I sent it to Canon,a nd they fixed it for about $40, cleaned it too.

It doesn't take video on memory cards though, but it uses miniDV tapes, but you can still upload onto the computer, you just need a firewire cable, and make sure you have a firewire port on your computer, I think most new ones come with them now. Not sure how much they are now, as I got mine some years ago, when miniDV was still somewhat new, the price has gone down quite a bit since then.

dbny
10-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I have the Aiptek MPVR and love it. I got it specifically for videos of my students at the rink, and it's been great. I was able to research it at Steve's Digicams, and looked there for your model. You will have to wade through a lot to get what you need, but they did review the Aiptek IS-DV2 (http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=98646&forum_id=92).

Steve's Digicams is a wonderful site for digital camera research, but it can also suck you into hours of reading about features that you may not really be interested in. I learned more about digicams than I really wanted to know.

miraclegro
10-07-2007, 06:56 AM
How much was the MPVR and what setting do you use for video? The moving images (my competition) were not clear on mine.

Isk8NYC
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM
I have the same camera DBNY does - use it for my skating students.

I had a problem with blurry images that went away when I:

Changed some of the settings. (I might have had it on slow speed or something.)
Cleaned the lens - it doesn't have a cap and I must have gotten a fingerprint on it.

Since then, I haven't had a problem with the camera.

miraclegro
10-07-2007, 03:26 PM
What did you change your settings to that made it work?