View Full Version : wonderfull clean axel

twokidsskatemom
10-06-2007, 08:57 PM
After 9 months of a cheated axel and a year of working on it before that, my daughter finally has a nice high jumping axel !!She was frustrated but never wanted to give up.Its been a long road for her.
We see alot of older kids whiz though single jumps and even axel and then get stuck and give up. Im glad it took her awhile, we are hoping this experience will help her not give up down the line.
She placed third in her last comp out of 9, even with her cheated axel.Our goal is regionals next year.She was first in her artistic.
Thanks for letting me share !

peanutskates
10-07-2007, 03:47 AM
wow congratulations to her!!!:bow: an axel is a huge milestone! and i heard that once you get your axel good, double jumps are easy. (well, sal and toe should be anyway). good luck to her for the future!

techskater
10-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Congratulations! I don't know about easy for getting 2S and 2T but it makes them make more sense!

Mrs Redboots
10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Well done her! I hope you duly celebrated.

SynchroSk8r114
10-07-2007, 06:41 PM
That's great news for you both! Knowing that all that time, money, and effort has finally paid off is so rewarding! Congrats! :D

BuggieMom
10-08-2007, 07:26 AM
YAY for her!! My dd says there is no feeling like landing a jump you have worked hard to get. They float around on a cloud for a while...
Yay for you too, mom! Going through this stuff sometimes feels like you are holding your breath, and then when it happens, you finally get to exhale. Sometimes, I think it is harder on the parents than the skaters! :roll:
Congratulations!

luckeylasvegas
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Congrats!!! DD is still a 1/4 rotation away. I'm praying it comes in the next few months. :bow:

twokidsskatemom
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Well done her! I hope you duly celebrated.

We did !!
She asked for a zucca bag when she first started with her cheated one and we told her it had to be clean. I was trying to get out of it, its the cost of two hours worth of lessons !! But we did promise so she is getting one.
The real prize for her is that now she can work on her two doubles. She really wants to go to regionals. We told her she had to have a clean axel and two doubles and her brother has to have at least an axle before we would go.Its a big expense for us, now she is down one hurdle for next year.
We are just glad she worked though it and didnt give up.
Thanks for all the comments !!!!!!!!!!!!!

twokidsskatemom
10-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Congrats!!! DD is still a 1/4 rotation away. I'm praying it comes in the next few months. :bow:
Graces had been like that since last December.She had it in two programs, had it critqued under IJS and still couldnt get rid of the small cheat. She swung her leg to much.
Everyone keep saying , its so close, its so close !! But still a cheat !
Two weeks ag0 her coach told her to not worry about height or rotations, JUST jump and cross her feet.She wasnt landing on her toe.
She did and landed it.Im sure your daughter will get it too!! I think they are close to the same age.
good luck !!! I hope she doesnt give up!!

twokidsskatemom
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
YAY for her!! My dd says there is no feeling like landing a jump you have worked hard to get. They float around on a cloud for a while...
Yay for you too, mom! Going through this stuff sometimes feels like you are holding your breath, and then when it happens, you finally get to exhale. Sometimes, I think it is harder on the parents than the skaters! :roll:
Congratulations!
Thanks !! Your daughter is right! I couldnt get her off the ice the other day. Then she wanted to go over the weekend too.
:)

twokidsskatemom
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
That's great news for you both! Knowing that all that time, money, and effort has finally paid off is so rewarding! Congrats! :D
Im just glad all her effort and hard work paid off !!
Thanks !!

Tennisany1
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! It is a big milestone for her. Note about the zucca bag, we've had one on order for ever - it finally arrived the other day and it was damaged :frus: So much for having it for the beginning of summer school!

peanutskates
10-09-2007, 02:05 AM
My dd says there is no feeling like landing a jump you have worked hard to get. They float around on a cloud for a while...

ITA!! I couldn't stop grinning when I landed the loop...:lol: