View Full Version : Ankle indentations!

looplover
10-05-2007, 06:20 PM
8O So, I do not have lovely little slim ankles.

I have cankles. Which stinks because I'm quite thing...i just have cankles.

Well now not only do I have cankles, I have an indentation in them from the top of my skate boot, so I think my legs look like the Michelin man! :evil:

Has anyone had this problem and uh short of ankle liposuction how do you get rid of it and prevent it?!?! 8O

Sessy
10-06-2007, 02:07 AM
does anybody except yourself notice it?

samba
10-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Congratulations you have the mark of a skater, I dont know many regular skaters that dont have it so dont worry about it, as Sessy says "does anybody except yourself notice it", I personally do but thats just my way of picking out the regular skaters from the rest before I see them skate, I feel as though I have earned them, so I wear my indentations with pride and so should you!!!

PS I think I need therapy.

looplover
10-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Congratulations you have the mark of a skater, I dont know many regular skaters that dont have it so dont worry about it, as Sessy says "does anybody except yourself notice it", I personally do but thats just my way of picking out the regular skaters from the rest before I see them skate, I feel as though I have earned them, so I wear my indentations with pride and so should you!!!

PS I think I need therapy.

LOL!!!!

Others have noticed...8O

sue123
10-06-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't have indentations, but I have scars, not sure if it's from when I broke in my skates and they kept rubbing, probably is, but I like them, I;m proud of my scars.

Sessy
10-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I've got bumps/bone deformation and discolorations from many many blisters and wrubbing. I dunno I kinda think of it as battle scars as well, LOL!
But then I've always been one to say that a few scars just add character to people.
Of course boyfriend dearest insistst that he likes women's feet because they're pretty and is very abhorred by the idea that skating is making my feet that way. I told him to get over it, cuz I'm not quitting skating, LOL! And he has, because apparently that skaters' butt compensates for skaters' feet.

I'd say don't worry much about it. People are probably noticing just like they would if you had black hair and blue eyes or something. It doesn't mean they're putt off by it or that you have ugly ankles.

As for liposuction, mom's dance partner had a tummy tuck done and it takes a minimum of 6 weeks to recover... As yourself, do you wanna be under general aenesthesia, and then off the ice for 2 months for some stupid little dent in your ankle?

Skittl1321
10-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't have indentations, but I have scars, not sure if it's from when I broke in my skates and they kept rubbing, probably is, but I like them, I;m proud of my scars.

I have scars too. Not from breaking in, but from switching from tights to barelegs. I'm not proud of them, I'm annoyed that I didn't get my silipio pads sooner.

sexyskates
10-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Have you tried the Sliposa gel socks? Cut the long one in thirds, and wear one around your ankle to protect it from the top of the boot digging into your skin. I get blisters without them.

flippet
10-07-2007, 11:55 AM
As for liposuction, mom's dance partner had a tummy tuck done and it takes a minimum of 6 weeks to recover... As yourself, do you wanna be under general aenesthesia, and then off the ice for 2 months for some stupid little dent in your ankle?

I don't think she was serious about this, LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

vesperholly
10-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Mark of a skater indeed.

I have pale lines on my legs where the tops of my boots hit, on the side and around the back. I also have callouses on my pinkie fingers from pulling my laces tight, discoloration on the second joint of my index fingers from the laces, tiny cuts on my index fingers from wiping my blades with my bare hands, and a permanent bump under my right kneecap from axels and double loops.

Depending on what I've been working on and how klutzy I've been, I also will have bruises and cuts on my elbows, shins and calves. :giveup:

double3s
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I...apparently that skaters' butt compensates for skaters' feet.

:lol: Hee! :lol:

When will my skaters' butt show up then? 'Cause my skaters' feet/ankles are definitely here to stay!

sue123
10-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Just wondering, does anybody else have minimal hair growth on their lower legs where the boot is? I definitly had more hair there before I was skating, from the ankles to where the boot ends, the hair has disappeared.

liz_on_ice
10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Just wondering, does anybody else have minimal hair growth on their lower legs where the boot is? I definitly had more hair there before I was skating, from the ankles to where the boot ends, the hair has disappeared.

I was just pointing out the line to my husband this morning :lol:

SkatingOnClouds
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I have pale lines on my legs where the tops of my boots hit, on the side and around the back. I also have callouses on my pinkie fingers from pulling my laces tight, discoloration on the second joint of my index fingers from the laces, tiny cuts on my index fingers from wiping my blades with my bare hands, and a permanent bump under my right kneecap from axels and double loops.

Depending on what I've been working on and how klutzy I've been, I also will have bruises and cuts on my elbows, shins and calves. :giveup:

I also have the callouses, discolouration and cuts. The bruises go without saying.

I get ankle indentations even though I wear gel sleeves to stop the top of the boot rubbing. My indentations actually seem to be caused by the elasticated tops of my knee-high microfibre trouser socks which I wear folded down in my boots. Takes a few hours for my legs to lose the coke-bottle effect after skating.

doubletoe
10-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Of course boyfriend dearest insistst that he likes women's feet because they're pretty and is very abhorred by the idea that skating is making my feet that way. I told him to get over it, cuz I'm not quitting skating, LOL! And he has, because apparently that skaters' butt compensates for skaters' feet.

Exactly! Just make sure your significant other values a great butt over pretty feet (which nobody sees unless you wear sandals, which I avoid, LOL!)

looplover
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
hee hee, this thread is cracking me up.

Yeah there's something to be said for skater butt (mine isn't as good as it could be! Another reason to practice more often).

I was kidding about the ankle lipo but it does exist and I have totally considered it.

Skittl1321
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Exactly! Just make sure your significant other values a great butt over pretty feet (which nobody sees unless you wear sandals, which I avoid, LOL!)

:(

I've actually been told by my DH that my increase in skating better not make my feet ugly. So far so good- I have little bumps on my big toes from rubbing too narrow boots, but they've survived pointe shoes, and thus far ice skates and are still "little and cute" in his words. I've been told that my hobbies may NOT change this assessment and got very dirty looks when I got some blisters.

Thankfully, he doesn't value pretty ankles- and I got sympathy when my boots sliced holes into them.

cherriee
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm born with big feet, big ankles and big legs. Looking at my childhood pics, my legs definitely resemble those of a teddy bear stuff animal. :lol: Yup... skating gives me indentation. So my ankles are thinner than the rest of my teddy bear legs.

RoaringSkates
10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm a bit round, and I'm grateful to skating because although I'm still round, I don't have a saggy fat-girl butt. I have a firm, uplifted (if large) butt. Yea! Skating!

I'm lucky not to have skater shrinky-dink ankles, but many people I know do. It's relatively normal in the field.

Sessy
10-09-2007, 11:48 AM
:(

I've actually been told by my DH that my increase in skating better not make my feet ugly.

Uhm, yeah marrying a footlover might not be the best thing for a skater. LOL! :D

Skittl1321
10-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Uhm, yeah marrying a footlover might not be the best thing for a skater. LOL! :D

LOL.

But really, skating is SO much easier on the feet than ballet. And my pointe shoes didn't cause near the horrors that some of my friends had.

Sessy
10-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I wonder what makes some people get bumps and other not? I get bumps SOOOO easily, it's frustrating. :frus:
Do I eat too much calcium or something?

BTW a roomie of mine is studying for ballerina and they're all using bunga pads for their pointe shoes too nowadays.