View Full Version : MK Blades

cecealias
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
When I was at Harlick earlier this week, I heard that MK blade prices are going up another 10%?! in January.

With the US dollar as weak as it is right now, should I consider getting an extra pair of blades, despite the cost? ugh.

Summerkid710
10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
All of the manufacturers have a certain time of year they increase their prices. The price lists they send out to the pro shops usually run the normal calendar year however, sometimes they may make changes in the middle of the year. Also, this doesn't automatically mean that your pro shop will either jack up the price to the new one or discount previous models. I am not sure for Harlick or Klingbeil.

Here's the schedule:
November 1: SP-Teri
January 1: Riedell, MK, Wilson
January 1: Jackson, Ultima
January 31: Graf

doubletoe
10-05-2007, 01:57 PM
When I was at Harlick earlier this week, I heard that MK blade prices are going up another 10%?! in January.

With the US dollar as weak as it is right now, should I consider getting an extra pair of blades, despite the cost? ugh.

If you buy them on your credit card, you'll probably pay more than 10% in interest unless you pay it off right away, LOL!

cecealias
10-08-2007, 01:50 PM
LOL, doubletoe.

Well i've found _the_ cheapest place i know of for MK Gold stars, and i'm going to definitely get an extra pair before the prices go up. I'll save my old pair for outdoor skating, which i've been dying to do !!

SynchroSk8r114
10-08-2007, 02:21 PM

Yep, I've heard the same thing back in May. But with my 10% PSA discount at the shop I go to, it won't really affect me, as I'll be paying the same when the rate goes up as I am currently. Still, that does stink.

Paulie86
10-11-2007, 05:32 AM
LOL, doubletoe.

Well i've found _the_ cheapest place i know of for MK Gold stars, and i'm going to definitely get an extra pair before the prices go up. I'll save my old pair for outdoor skating, which i've been dying to do !!

Sounds like a good idea!

doubletoe
10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
LOL, doubletoe.

Hmm. . . I use Gold Stars, too. Where's the cheap place you found, and how much are they charging? :)

cecealias
10-11-2007, 12:48 PM
it was $370

doubletoe
10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
it was $370

Wow, I paid just over $400 for mine and thought I got a good deal! Where is this place?

cecealias
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I PM'd you