View Full Version : spin competitions?

kayskate
10-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I would like to document my spin expertise with some competitive experience. After looking around a little on the net, I have not found an obvious source of spin competitions. Anybody know where I might find a list? I am an adult skater and looking to compete at a higher test level. I actually have tested very little, but am an advanced spinner, far beyond my jumps.

Kay

jskater49
10-02-2007, 07:05 AM
My experience in the midwest is that sometimes at regular (that is for the kids) competitions if there is a spins event they will have one spin event for the adults - and usually it's all the levels thrown together. Occasionally they are grouped by level. So you can't really just look for a spins competition, you have to read announcements of regular competitions and see if they offer spins for adults.

j

LWalsh
10-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi Kay,

Check out the Halloween competition in Aston PA (November), and the New Year's Invitational at Ashburn VA (January). They both are adult comps with spin events. (the bigger adult comps tend to have more events). I think that the Peach Classic in Sept does too. The levels will go by your FS tests and they will tell you what spins to do. You'll have to check the announcement to see where you'd fit in.

Would love to see you there!

Lara

skaternum
10-02-2007, 07:40 AM
You'll do better if you do an adult-only competition, because you're more likely to have a fuller event (i.e., more competitors). The New Years Invitational that LWalsh mentioned is notorious for having harder spin events than most other adult comps, so if you're looking for a challenge, that'd be a good one!

techskater
10-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Remember, you can't skate more than one level above your test level if it's broken down by levels.

Buckeye has a spin event. Eastern Adult Sectionals had one last year and it's under discussion for Mids this year.

Mrs Redboots
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I've just compèred a Spin, Spiral, Jump competition at our rink - in this country, they are organised by the clubs and take place on a coned-off section during club ice, with closed marking. Sadly, we get very few entries above Level 1; we had one Level 2 skater, one Level 3 and one Level 5 - oh, and one adult (not me!).

phillyskater
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
We'd love to have you at the Halloween Classic next month! We have spin events all the way up to Masters. ;)

philly