View Full Version : need music suggestions

peanutskates
09-27-2007, 11:44 AM
instrumental music - must be quite fast, 'bright', 'fun' (ok I realise maybe my definitions of this is different from yours, but can you think of a piece you'd describe as such?) and something you could dance to (as in, off ice... this is for freestyle on ice). good beat.

for skating, obviously. this is really for a UK Gold program (USFS 4) because my new coahc is wary of using my old coach's program to test me, apparently this will not go down well with her.

thanks in advance for your brilliant suggestions!
peanutskates x

Emberchyld
09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
When I think of "fun" and bright, I think of big band music, swing... the type of stuff that just makes you want to up and dance.

If you go back a bit more, the 20's had some cute jazz tunes (and imagine how fun it would be to skate in a flapper-inspired dress).

Can't think of any specific songs off of the top of my head, but if you just explore some of those genres, you might have something just jump out at you that fits you perfectly (what worked for my coach and I was playing a whole mix of music one session and when both of us started to goof off to the same song, we knew we found a winner).

SynchroSk8r114
09-27-2007, 04:33 PM
You can also check out some showtunes, as well as the Big Band/Swing genre. There's a lot of good musicals out there that have great instrumentals.

That's how I found my current Intermediate FS music (I skate to Cabaret's instrumental...#13 on the CD, I believe). I'll give you a suggestion that I'm probably going to use for my Novice FS (if I ever get there aleady) - listen to the music from Thoroughly Modern Millie. I think I'm going to end up skating to a piece from that, more than likely the opening instrumental. There's such good toe-tappin' songs on it!

Skittl1321
09-27-2007, 05:49 PM
There is a one-minute song on one of the Harry Potter soundtracks (Goblet of Fire maybe?) called Magic Anthem that is very fast, and extremely upbeat and cheery. If you only need a minute, I'd check it out. Not sure if you can dance to it though- but you can MOVE on the ice.