View Full Version : The excitement is building!! (rink reopening)

Laura H
09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm still :frus: because I am the ONLY one in my family who has not yet gotten to skate since our local rink opened back up this week. . . so far DH has done pick-up adult hockey, my "hockey DS" has had a practice, and (MOST EXCITING) . . . "figure skater DS" got to be filmed for a commerical this evening!!

We had a call from his coach a few nights ago and each coach was supposed to send one student and they had hoped that DS could be her student, because he is one of the few boys! So we jumped at it, and then I realized after the fact, hey, he hasn't been on the ICE in a month . . . eek!! That certainly has the potential for disaster!! But he went right out today and after a little warmup NAILED a scratch spin right away for the cameras. . I thought I was going to cry, I was so happy for him! They had them do a bunch of different things, he picked the Lutz when asked to do a jump and darned if he didn't pull that off too.

They took some still pics too (spirals and stuff); they had DS do an attitude glide for that . . and they also got some pics of my other DS in his hockey gear, who had the good luck to have recently lost a baby tooth so as to make him particularly photogenic ;) . And they staged a "birthday party" too, to get photos for that . . . it was hilarious watching the "birthday kid" pretend to blow out the candles, etc!

Sadly enough, apparently there was no demand for an A.O.S.S. poster child, so I guess I will have to wait for this weekend, when public sessions are FINALLY opening up, in order to get my turn. :giveup: On the plus side, the ice is apparently in great condition!! (at least all my other family members think so!). :roll: