View Full Version : Cutting Edge 3!!!

*JennaD*
09-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey guys!

I dont really know if this goes in this section...but...

I just found out something really cool! The Cutting Edge 3 is being filmed at my arena! I live in Montreal, but they are trying to make the area look American..so they covered the sign with the name of my rink on it, so now we are called the "Marked Rink" or something, and we have US Postal Service mailboxes in front of the arena building. Also, inside, they took down our Canadian flags and replaced them with American ones!

Just thought I would share this...its pretty cool that my rink is going to be in a movie!!!! They are using our ice too, I think!!! :D

Morgail
09-20-2007, 08:46 PM
That's so cool!!
How does everyone feel about them replacing the flags, though? I'd have thought that would've riled up some Canadian pride:)
It would be neat if some of your rink's skaters got to be extras.

Muskoka Skater
09-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I thought it was being filmed in Toronto? But I guess not!!

kander
09-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Most American rinks that display flags usually also display a Canadian flag.

Who's in the movie?

Skittl1321
09-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Most American rinks that display flags usually also display a Canadian flag.

Yep- ours does.

FSWer
09-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey guys!

I dont really know if this goes in this section...but...

I just found out something really cool! The Cutting Edge 3 is being filmed at my arena! I live in Montreal, but they are trying to make the area look American..so they covered the sign with the name of my rink on it, so now we are called the "Marked Rink" or something, and we have US Postal Service mailboxes in front of the arena building. Also, inside, they took down our Canadian flags and replaced them with American ones!

Just thought I would share this...its pretty cool that my rink is going to be in a movie!!!! They are using our ice too, I think!!! :D

HEY,COOL!!!!!! Are you going to be a Skating Club Skater ex. in it too? BTW. Jenna.....will you please post when it comes out? Thanks.

ibreakhearts66
09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
filming at yours, practicing and choreographing at mine!
they've been practicing at my rink for the last few months. i think i saw them set a final program for them the other day! it seems that the plot will involve both of the skaters playing hockey--i know both of the actors went from figure skating to hockey practice the other day

sceptique
09-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Let me have a wild guess at the plot: skater boy meets non-skater girl? This is one of the plot lines that hasn't been explored yet!

samba
09-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Let me have a wild guess at the plot: skater boy meets non-skater girl? This is one of the plot lines that hasn't been explored yet!

Try watching Blades of Glory, just come out on DVD in the uk, skater boy meet skater boy, I havent laughed so much in ages, really funny from start to finish.:lol: :lol:

sceptique
09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Try watching Blades of Glory, just come out on DVD in the uk, skater boy meet skater boy, I havent laughed so much in ages, really funny from start to finish.:lol: :lol:

Seen that in a cinema, with non-skating friends. Came to the conclusion that it has too many "insider jokes" for general audience - I don't think my friends will let me pick another Saturday night movie for at least the next few years!

Derek
09-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Came to the conclusion that it has too many "insider jokes" for general audience

Funnily, I thought that too !

sceptique
09-23-2007, 01:13 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Skip my post if you don't want to know more than you want to know!

S*

Gee... I sincerely meant it as a joke, but look what I found:

Storyline and Comments Storyline : When ZANE CONNOR, the skating world’s hottest, most eligible bachelor, accidentally injures his partner and lukewarm girlfriend CELESTE DEMARCHELIER during a competition, he must find a new partner in time for the world championships in Paris. Enter ALEJANDRA RUIZ, a beautiful, tough tomboy and ex-hockey player who challenges Zane both on and off the rink. The two fall feverishly in love with one another, but before they can be together for real, Zane has to earn Alejandra’s trust by learning to commit to a single path...

Characters (Lead) ALEJANDRA RUIZ Gender : FEMALE Age : 19 HISPANIC. Gorgeous but tough, with a tomboy vibe, she’s a hockey player with some fierce moves and a fearless skating style. Even though her lifelong goal has always been to see the world, she hesitates when Zane Connor, the world’s most handsome and eligible skater, asks Alejandra to join him to compete for the pairs skating World Championship in Paris. The reason she hesitates is twofold : she’s a serious, conscientious accounting student who has exams coming up, and she works in her family’s market ; she can’t just take off and leave them in the dust. Alejandra’s brash, sassy, brave demeanor and good looks immediately captivate Zane, however, and together with Alejandra’s brother, Flavio, Zane succeeds in convincing Alejandra to give her dreams a chance. Determined to make a mark in the skating world, Alejandra insists on incorporating the risky, infamous Pamchenko jump, a move that requires complete and utter trust between partners. What she doesn’t count on is falling deeply in love with Zane, who is still half- heartedly committed to his girlfriend Celeste, and getting her heart broken. But it takes a lot more than mere heartache to keep Alejandra down. Actress must be able to ice skate and also speak Spanish.

Enough said... I'm off to buy some National Lottery tickets. Who knows? ;)

*JennaD*
09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
filming at yours, practicing and choreographing at mine!
they've been practicing at my rink for the last few months. i think i saw them set a final program for them the other day! it seems that the plot will involve both of the skaters playing hockey--i know both of the actors went from figure skating to hockey practice the other day

WOW thats crazy!!
Where do you skate?

I wish I was going to be a skating club skater/ extra..but I doubt it lol

BUT iactually walked through the set hte other day...by accident..I dont htink they were filming but there were cameras and a bunch of people getting ready to film! So if anyone sees a girl in a blue skirt and green top randomly walk across teh set in the movie, that's me!!! lol

Skittl1321
09-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Seen that in a cinema, with non-skating friends. Came to the conclusion that it has too many "insider jokes" for general audience - I don't think my friends will let me pick another Saturday night movie for at least the next few years!

All the non-skater guys I know LOVE IT (haven't heard from any girls). They all think it's hysterical. I really thought after the big chase seen one of the jokes would be that they get out on the ice and fall over because their blades are so ruined they can't skate. Clearly, it wasn't, but every skater I've talked to said they thought that would happen as well.

ibreakhearts66
09-23-2007, 06:13 PM
WOW thats crazy!!
Where do you skate?

i skate in los angeles, panorama city to be exact. the rink is called valley ice center. they also practiced blades of glory and high school musical on ice at my rink too! if you watch the bonus section of blades of glory, some of the practice takes place at my rink.

i wasn't there to see the blades of glory actors, but i watched some of a high school musical practice (rehearsal? not sure what to call it lol). and i shared the ice with the cutting edge actors all summer! they've been really sweet, and made a lot of progress. haha and the actor who is playing zane connor totally seems to fit the description--good looking, but totaly pretty-boy look

Morgail
09-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I really thought after the big chase seen one of the jokes would be that they get out on the ice and fall over because their blades are so ruined they can't skate. Clearly, it wasn't, but every skater I've talked to said they thought that would happen as well.

Yup, I thought that would happen too, especially after I spent the whole chase scene cringing at the thought of what was happening to the blades. My poor husband - I kept pulling on his shirt and whispering, "The blades! They're ruining the blades! Agghh!"

ibreakhearts66
09-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Yup, I thought that would happen too, especially after I spent the whole chase scene cringing at the thought of what was happening to the blades. My poor husband - I kept pulling on his shirt and whispering, "The blades! They're ruining the blades! Agghh!"

ah thats so funny! i can't believe i didn't even think of that!