View Full Version : What competitions do you have coming up for this season?

FSWer
09-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Say,I thought it might be fun to find out what competitions everyone here has coming up for this season. Please include name of competitions,the level you'll be competing at at it,as well as your Discipline. Ok kids....GO!!!!

jazzpants
09-19-2007, 01:11 AM
I only have two this year scheduled:

Skate San Francisco, Nov 1st-4th. I'm making my debut as a Adult Bronze Lady and competing at the Bronze Ladies III and whatever group they put me with. I do know that I will definitely be skating along side with at least TWO of my skating friends. :bow: Not looking to medal or anything... but just to make a statement that I've ARRIVED!!! :D

Adult Nationals, Lake Placid April 2008. Same as Skate San Francisco. Again, not looking to medal or anything. Just want to make a statement that I've ARRIVED... and to put out a good performance! I look forward to sharing in the moment I've been dreaming for years -- having my primary coach put me out on the ice at Adult Nationals!!! (I'm pretty sure Jay is looking forward to this too! He's gone thru enough hell trying to get me to where I am now. :P :lol: ) Am skating amongst friends and looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys that I've known thru this board and other skating boards AT LONG LAST! :D I look forward to seeing those who I've already met but don't see enough except for comps like these!!! You know who you are!!! ;)

jskater49
09-19-2007, 04:52 AM
November 3 - Cyclone Championships in Ames - Freestyle, Artistic, compulsary, and the Swing Dance

January 18-19 - Winterfest in Omaha, same as above, probably a competition in Cedar Rapids in March.

Generally wherever my daughter ends up going, I'll sign up for something if they have an adult event. Adult Midwesterns were nearby last year so I went but I won't travel just for a competition for me. don't have the time or the money.

j

flying~camel
09-19-2007, 06:54 AM
February - Deborah Burgoyne North American Invitational (Bronze I FS, Interp I, Couples Interp)
March - Adult Midwestern Sectionals (Bronze I FS, Interp I)
April - Adult Nationals (Bronze I FS, Interp I)
June - Grand Rapids Open (Interp & maybe a dance or 2)

SynchroSk8r114
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
These are the competitions planned for my universities synchro/intercollegiate team. We are skating open collegiate synchro.

11/10-11/07: Colorado College intercollegiate competition (Colorado Springs, CO)

1/11-12/08: Mid-America Synchronized Skating (Fraser, MI)

1/23-27/08: Eastern Sectionals Synchronized Team Skating Championship (Richmond, VA)

2/--/08: Boston University intercollegiate competition (Boston, MA)

3/2/08: Delaware University intercollegiate competition (Aston, PA)

4/4-5/08: University of Michigan intercollegiate championships (Ann Arbor, MI)*pending qualification*

In addition to these, we're also skating 5-6 exhibitions and holiday shows. Can't wait! :D

flutzilla1
09-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Halloween Classic, Aston PA (Bronze 3 (yeah baby!), Bronze Compulsories)
Eastern Adult Sectionals
Adult Nationals

Rusty Blades
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
In my second year of skating it will be Introductory Interpretive and Bronze Free at SuperSkate in late November, Manitoba Open Free Skate in February, and then, the crowning glory, the Canadian Adult Championships in April. (The first two are just warm-ups for the latter.)

sk8_4fun
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
well mine is very modest in comparison to the previous entries but I have my first competition in a weeks time. I will be doing the prelim foxtrot at my rinks club competition. I'm putting a brave face on it but I'm terrified!8O

Skittl1321
09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't plan on doing any singles competitions this year- though there is rumor that at the end of the season or next season our club will host one. If I don't have to travel I might compete.

Our synchro team will be at ISI Synchro Nationals in St Louis and have considerered ISI Worlds in Denver, though the summer date makes it less likely.

Morgail
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, I was planning to do the ISI comp in Miami, Ohio in February, but I'm not sure I'll be ready for that.
One of the local rinks hosts a competition in April, so maybe I'll try for that one instead.

Mrs Redboots
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
We aren't doing the British Adult Championships this year, but they are next, at the end of September. Our next competition is Oxford Seniors, on 5 November. That concludes our season - which restarts 3 weeks later with the Dune of Flanders Cup on the last weekend in November. Then we have a long gap over the winter during the elite season, and start again with the various European competitions next May/June. Unless we are invited to the Coupe de France again, which is in March, we'll see.

Terri C
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Right now, I'm planning on the following:

Re-taking Bronze freestyle between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

2008 New Years Invitational, Ashburn VA January 12-13, 2008 (will be skating at, hopefully or else up to Bronze!).

2008 Valentine Open, Yorktown Va, February 2008 (hopefully they will have Adult Freestyle this year!)

and if I pass my Bronze free.....

2008 US Adult Championships, Lake Placid New York April 8-12.

BatikatII
09-19-2007, 02:51 PM
My next comp is the British Adult Champioships at end of September. Now what possessed me to change my free programme just 3 weeks before it I don't know.(where's the icon for 'this girl is crazy!')? Ah well I have at least finished making it up as of Tuesday, so will have all of 3 lessons to perfect it! Just as well I wasn't expecting to be in the medals eh? that's elementary Freeskating (I have NISA UK level 1 tests).

I am also doing the Free dance at the same comp - the main problem with this is fitting it to the smaller rink. Not expecting medals here either - the elementary level has some tough contenders - in fact I'd have been better off in the intermediate group - I know I have beaten some of them.:lol:

Annabel - you'll be missed at the British. Are you coming to watch? or boycotting it completely?:)

Muskoka Skater
09-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Everything Sr.bronze ladies unless I pass my Pre.Novice freeskate.

Competition, Date, Where

Skokie Skate, October 19-21st, Huntsville, Ontario

Santa Skate, December 1st, Port Carling, Ontario

Near North Interclub, January 18-20th, Gravenhurst, Ontario

Cranberry Capers, February 2nd, Bala, Ontario

Festival of Stars, February 15-17th, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario

Make it a Date to Skate, February 29-2nd, North Bay, Ontario

Let's Skate, April 10-13th, Sudbury, Ontario

flikkitty11
09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I have to wait untill january until i can compete next because there is nothing which includes intermediate figure skating close by :cry: (if only skating was bigger in aus...)

Comp / Date / Level
Summer Skate / 21 - 24 January / Intermediate Ladies
Towne Trophy / March / Intermediate (or novice if i pass)

Is there anyone from aus going in these comps?

coskater64
09-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I will come and watch Mids in Ann Arbor, I hope to compete in Interp (Master Ladies 3) at AN's in Placid. I will watch O'dorf or see if I can find a European partner for dance, rumor has it they may have interp, I could do that. MC I will do figures and solo dance maybe improv. I will not jump until this time next year so no fs until 2009 season. Sigh....:cry: :cry:

chowskates
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I will watch O'dorf or see if I can find a European partner for dance

I thought you already have an European partner... or is he still too young for next year??

Mrs Redboots
09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Annabel - you'll be missed at the British. Are you coming to watch? or boycotting it completely?:)

Well, we were going to boycott it completely, but various kind people expressed sincere disappointment at that thought, so we will come and watch, certainly on the Saturday and possibly on the Sunday. And cheer, but I'm out of soap so have nothing to throw....

And, of course, if any officials ask why we aren't skating, we can tell them!!!!! In detail.

chantelly
09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, we were going to boycott it completely, but various kind people expressed sincere disappointment at that thought, so we will come and watch, certainly on the Saturday and possibly on the Sunday. And cheer, but I'm out of soap so have nothing to throw....

And, of course, if any officials ask why we aren't skating, we can tell them!!!!! In detail.

It'd be nice to see you there if you do come besides I need all the support I can get!!

miraclegro
09-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Falling Leaves Competition - Silver Ladies category - Richmond, VA - PRAY FOR ME!!! I have an interpretive one at 7:30 a.m. and my Silver routine at 8:00a.m. and have to be on ice for warm up at 6:00 and I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!

sk8tegirl06
09-20-2007, 06:52 PM
SynchroSk8tr: I'm with Delaware, don't know if I'll be competing yet but I'll definitely be there doing whatever needs to be done. Same story with Boston and Michigan, don't know yet if I'm competing. We have like 42 people eligible for competition, but only 32 spots per competition. 8O

TimDavidSkate
09-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Halloween Classic - Aston, PA ~November 2007

New Year's Invitational - Ashburn, VA ~ January 2008

US Adult Sectionals - Wayne, NJ ~ March 2008

US Adult Nationals - Lake Placid, NY ~ April 2008

looplover
09-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Not too many this calendar year...or not any at all I guess. But this is what I'd like to do next year/end of this season (they run one right after the other too...)

March 2008 - Adult Sectionals (because my family lives 20 min away)

April 2008 - Central Carolina Skating Classic (this is a definite)

April 2008 - Adult Nationals (oh I hope so)

Maybe if I can find a local one between Feb. and March I'll do that too (local being w/in four hours driving time)

-----
May 2008 - test silver moves and FS.

DaisySkate♥
04-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Ones I Have Already Done This Year:
Bristol Open (12/3/08) - Level 5 - Joint 1st
Blackpool Festival (10/4/08) - Level 5 - 2nd
Blackpool Festival (10/4/08) - Exhibition - 1st

Upcoming Competitions:
Bracknell Open (1/5/08) - Level 5
Basingstoke Open (26/6/08) - Level 5
Guildford Open (8/7/08) - Level 5

IF I Pass My Level 6 Then I Will Do Swindon (October?) And Oxford (November) At That Level.

Skittl1321
04-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I have my only solo competition TODAY and tomorrow (we are doing synchro too). It's at our home rink.

I competed in ISI Synchro Nationals a few weeks ago.

looplover
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
What?!?! In september I thought I'd be testing silver moves and FS this May??!??!?

Ah hahahahha...
hahahahaha....
8O

Not too many this calendar year...or not any at all I guess. But this is what I'd like to do next year/end of this season (they run one right after the other too...)

March 2008 - Adult Sectionals (because my family lives 20 min away)

April 2008 - Central Carolina Skating Classic (this is a definite)

April 2008 - Adult Nationals (oh I hope so)

Maybe if I can find a local one between Feb. and March I'll do that too (local being w/in four hours driving time)

-----
May 2008 - test silver moves and FS.

Mrs Redboots
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
We are now doing the Mountain Cup at the beginning of June, the Bracknell Adult Open at the end of it, Bristol Open Dance in September, Oxford Seniors in October, Dune of Flanders Cup in November or December and British Adult Championships in February.

Hmmm, it would be nice to have time to do our levels 1 and 2 Variations, but I'm not sure that we will!

starskate6.0
04-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Oberstdorf.. Arriving on Monday to go hiking and ride a bike around to the smaller towns for a few days before the competition starts on Thursday.. :mrgreen:

looplover
04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
More realistic goals for me this year...

My coach said there's a local competition in the fall...don't know where but I'll do that one. Would love to go to peach classic too, but $$$ makes that unlikely, since I definitely want to go to AN 2009.