View Full Version : Christmas Show

miraclegro
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, i said i wouldn't help with our Christmas show, but i may help with the adult number. I am looking for ideas. Looks like there will only be 3 of us. I am the adult coach, and there will be 2 skaters. Last year we did Alvin and the Chipmunks with a hockey dude being the guy in the song, and i was Alvin. It was a huge hit. I will always go down in history as Alvin.

I am looking for ANY ideas. We are all ladies, and can pull in extras if needed. Christmas music or something that would work, the more fun the better.

jskater49
09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Last year we did a number to a song about a redneck reindeer who was Rudolph's cousin and had to fill in cuz Rudolph was sick....darn if I can remember his name though. We all wore antler headbands ;-/

j

miraclegro
09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, if you remember the name of it, let me know...thanks!

mikawendy
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you looking for an upbeat number or a floaty number? I always thought it would be neat to skate in a group number to that Joni Mitchell song (I think) that's about skating. I'm bad at remembering lyrics, but I think she has one about skating...

Emberchyld
09-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Are you looking for an upbeat number or a floaty number? I always thought it would be neat to skate in a group number to that Joni Mitchell song (I think) that's about skating. I'm bad at remembering lyrics, but I think she has one about skating...

I think you mean "River"-- A few artists have covered it, most recently Sarah McLaughlin on her "Wintersong" CD. "Oh, I wish I had a river, I could skate away on..."

jskater49
09-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Well, if you remember the name of it, let me know...thanks!

I had to google it because I just could not remember, but it's "Leroy the Redneck Reindeer" We had a guy who didn't really skate be Rudolph and we carried him off in a stretcher and then we just did group stuff, about a dozen of us with varying skating skills - from basic swizzles to single jumps.

j

Sessy
09-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Maybe something Father Frost and Snowmaiden themed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ded_Moroz

There's even been an opera on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snegurochka_%28opera%29

Father Frost and Snowmaiden are more elemental than religious characters and anybody can dress up as them...

jskater49
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I think adult numbers are always better off going for humour...
j

Clarice
09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
We did one once called "Gimme Some Soul for Christmas" with a Blues Brothers theme. Not sure who did the music - I'll have to look it up when I get home.