View Full Version : What is being a Synchronized Skater like for you?

FSWer
09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Say,I was wondering if all our Synchronized Skaters who post here might want to tell me in their own words a little bit about what being a Synchronized Skater is like for them? As well as what it's like to be the level Synchronized Skater that they are?

SynchroSk8r114
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Level: Open Collegiate

I absolutely love synchro! We're actually having our first practice of this season tomorrow morning, which means I should probably get to bed early as we are on the ice at 6:00 a.m. and don't get off until 7:30 a.m.

This year we're expecting to skate 13 girls, which is mroe than we had last year (only 10, but two got injured, so we skated 8). This is huge for us considering that we are only in our second year as a club sport at my university. I already know all the girls on the team, as I either coach or skate with them, but I can't wait to get on the ice with everyone and start working.

Part of my favorite aspect of synchro aside from hanging out with 12 of my closest friends is the ability to travel. This year we're planning on going to Colorado, Virginia, Boston, Michigan, and other areas of Pennsylvania. It's so much fun exploring the different cities and checking out the different ice rinks and making friends with other intercollegiate skaters. In addition to traveling, I love working on new challenging footwork and building the trust in my teammates, such as when we practice lifts for exhibitions. (We can only do them for shows since they're only allowed at the Sr. level...)

Not sure what else to tell you...that's pretty much my experience so far: terrific! :D