View Full Version : Have you ever felt shookin' up when being lifted?

FSWer
09-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Say,I was wondering if anyone here has ever felt shookin' up when being lifted,and if not. How do you keep yourself from feeling that way? Just interested. Please say your Discipline.

samba
09-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Nope never felt that way, however when I first started the axle lift I found my body turning in the oposite direction of the turn in the air, which thankfully passed after a very short while.

FSWer
09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Say,before we go on with this thread. I was just wondering too, how a coach would get Synchronized Skaters ready for getting lifted? I mean once your Senior your not automaticly used to it. So how are you trained for getting lifted?

SynchroSk8r114
09-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Say,before we go on with this thread. I was just wondering too, how a coach would get Synchronized Skaters ready for getting lifted? I mean once your Senior your not automaticly used to it. So how are you trained for getting lifted?

I'm not on a Sr. level synchro team; I skate open-collegiate, but we did our very first lift in an exhibition this past spring just for fun. I was the one who got lifted and we began learning it off ice. Once we got everyone used to lifting and in the correct position so that no one would get hurt, we moved the lift on ice, but kept it stationary. After we adapted to the feeling of being lifted/lifting on the ice, we began rotating it and after a few tries we had it down pat! It's really not as hard as it looks! :D