View Full Version : How old are the youngest and oldest members of your Synchronized Skating Team?

FSWer
09-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Say,Clarice gave me the idea for this thread. So what I'd like to know is how old are the youngest and oldest members of your Synchronized Skating Team?

Muskoka Skater
09-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I did synchro one year, I was the youngest at 8yrs old and the oldest was 15yrs old we were a Pre.Novice team.

LilJen
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Hee! We go from teens (a few of the very nice gals from our teen team join us) to 70s. . . . How's that for diverse?? (Club also has a younger girls team.)

SynchroSk8r114
09-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Level:Open-Collegiate team
Ages: Range from 18-22 (I think I'm the oldest...;) I'll be 22 this Nov.)

Morgail
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Hee! We go from teens (a few of the very nice gals from our teen team join us) to 70s. . . . How's that for diverse?? (Club also has a younger girls team.)

That's very diverse! Sounds like a fun team:)

On my team, I'm the youngest at 28. The oldest lady is in her early 50s.

Thin-Ice
09-18-2007, 07:13 AM
When I was on a Masters Synchro team, our youngest member was 21 for competition (which is the minimum for competition) but we had the daughter of one of our members skate with us during exhibitions and shows and she was 18. Our oldest member was 72... and the ringleader of all pranks, including squirt guns and water balloons. No one EVER suspected her of being the kind of person who would douse someone with water. She looked WAY too respectable.

FSWer
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
When I was on a Masters Synchro team, our youngest member was 21 for competition (which is the minimum for competition) but we had the daughter of one of our members skate with us during exhibitions and shows and she was 18. Our oldest member was 72... and the ringleader of all pranks, including squirt guns and water balloons. No one EVER suspected her of being the kind of person who would douse someone with water. She looked WAY too respectable.

COOL!!!!!! Say,I'd love to hear the story of how the Daughter got to skate with you,and if she's going to become a reg. Team member? BTW. you can be 72 and do Synchro.? COOL!!!!

Thin-Ice
09-19-2007, 02:12 AM
COOL!!!!!! Say,I'd love to hear the story of how the Daughter got to skate with you,and if she's going to become a reg. Team member? BTW. you can be 72 and do Synchro.? COOL!!!!

The daughter would come to practices with her Mom (they had skated on separate Synchro teams when they lived on the East Coast). One practice we were doing choreography and needed a warm body to fill in for one of our members who was out of town on business, so we threw the teenager into that open spot. After that, she just skated for whoever was missing, which meant by the middle of the season she had skated in nearly every spot on the team. So for exhibitions, we would have her skate the spot of whoever was not there. The family moved before the teenager was old enough to skate competitions with our Masters-level team.