View Full Version : What level Synchronized Skater are you?

FSWer
09-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Say,I was wondering how many levels of Synchronized Skating we have on these boards.

Clarice
09-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm on an Open Adult team, so I voted for "Open". That doesn't quite give enough choices, though, because there are Open Adult, Open Juvenile, and Open Collegiate teams. I didn't vote for "Adult" because an Adult team has test requirements that my team members haven't met. Adults can be on Adult, Open Adult, and Masters teams depending on their ages and test levels. I suppose an adult could also be on a Senior team if they were good enough, since there's no maximum age limit for that level, on a Collegiate or Open Collegiate team if they were students at the college or university, or even on an Open Juvenile team if the rest of the team was young enough.

FSWer
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm on an Open Adult team, so I voted for "Open". That doesn't quite give enough choices, though, because there are Open Adult, Open Juvenile, and Open Collegiate teams. I didn't vote for "Adult" because an Adult team has test requirements that my team members haven't met. Adults can be on Adult, Open Adult, and Masters teams depending on their ages and test levels. I suppose an adult could also be on a Senior team if they were good enough, since there's no maximum age limit for that level, on a Collegiate or Open Collegiate team if they were students at the college or university, or even on an Open Juvenile team if the rest of the team was young enough.

Say can someone please conferm Clarices theory? Is that true before we go on with this thread that an Adult IS compatible to a Senior Team?

Clarice
09-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, it's not a theory - I looked in the rule book, and the requirements for a Senior team are that the skater is 14 years of age or older, and has passed at least Novice Moves in the Field. So an adult "could" be on a Senior team if they were good enough and could make the cut at tryouts. I'm sure there are adults on some Senior teams, since I would think they'd have members in their late teens/early twenties, especially if they're based at a university, but I don't know whether any "older" adults have ever made a Senior team. Maybe the question could be "How old is the oldest member of a Senior synchro team?", or even "How old are the youngest and oldest members of your synchro team, and what level is it?" On my Open Adult team, the youngest member is 28. I forget exactly how old the oldest member is, but he's over 60.

SynchroSk8r114
09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I skate on my university's open collegiate team. We could go collegiate based on ability/levels (as most of us have passed Senior MIF and Pre-Gold dances, etc.) but since this is only our second year together, we don't quite have the numbers to move to collegiate. Maybe in the future... ;)

FSWer
09-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, it's not a theory - I looked in the rule book, and the requirements for a Senior team are that the skater is 14 years of age or older, and has passed at least Novice Moves in the Field. So an adult "could" be on a Senior team if they were good enough and could make the cut at tryouts. I'm sure there are adults on some Senior teams, since I would think they'd have members in their late teens/early twenties, especially if they're based at a university, but I don't know whether any "older" adults have ever made a Senior team. Maybe the question could be "How old is the oldest member of a Senior synchro team?", or even "How old are the youngest and oldest members of your synchro team, and what level is it?" On my Open Adult team, the youngest member is 28. I forget exactly how old the oldest member is, but he's over 60.

WOW,COOL!!!!!!! Over 60!!!!!! That's AMAZING!!!!! BTW. does anyone know if on Senior if you can be that old and still be lifted?

Clarice
09-12-2007, 06:51 PM
WOW,COOL!!!!!!! Over 60!!!!!! That's AMAZING!!!!! BTW. does anyone know if on Senior if you can be that old and still be lifted?

LOL, I doubt there's anybody over age 60 on a Senior team! But if they were good enough to make the team, and small enough to be lifted, there wouldn't be any rule against it. A lot of us older skaters choose not to take risks like that any more though - it takes longer for injuries to heal, and we have jobs and families to think about, so we tend to be more conservative so we don't get hurt.

Morgail
09-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I picked Open also. Everyone on my team is an adult, but not everyone has tested. And we don't really compete (we just do rink shows), so I guess it doesn't matter what level we are.