View Full Version : skating stuff liquidation

Skate@Delaware
09-11-2007, 07:38 AM
wish i had found out about this earlier...when my size blades were available:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/figure-skate-monkey.html

I have bought stuff from hockey monkey before, never knew they had this stuff!!!!

jazzpants
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
DRATS, DRATS, DRATS!!! :frus: If only I was a quarter size smaller. (And no, I can't go any further... I love my 9.5" MK Pro blades...) :giveup:

Skate@Delaware
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I know....IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THIS EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, maybe someone else can benefit...

airyfairy76
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Hmmm - I'm thinking, do I measure my feet using Harlick / SP Teri's / Jackson's website, order some discounted skates and get them shipped over to the UK?

I can always sell them on eBay if they don't fit properly! :lol:

Scarlett
09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh I wish my feet were either smaller or bigger. They have both the skates and the blades that I love but in the wrong sizes. Drat!

lov2sk8
09-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the post. Just got a pair of gold seal with the K pick though. It is a 1/4 size bigger then I usually get, but I am between sizes. With new boots coming, I can keep my old boots in tack.

tidesong
09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
My sizes aren't there either! lol... oh well

FrankR
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm actually looking to buy new blades and came across this site. I called up and they told me that since it is a liquidation sale, all sales are final. There are no returns, exchanges, refunds. etc. That has me a bit apprehensive. If something goes wrong with the blades that I buy, I like having a little accountability on the part of the vendor. I've also never bought something like this online. Nevertheless, I'm torn because their prices are unbelievably low and they happen to have my size. I've been calling around for the last two weeks trying to find someone that has my size in stock and haven't found anybody but this particular company. :frus: Decisions! DECISIONS!! ARGH!!!!!

Ok...I'm ok now. ;) :)

Bill_S
09-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Frank:

If you were buying a complex piece of machinery, I'd also be wary of a no-return policy. However blades are simple objects, and not much can go wrong (except bad sharpenings!).

Boots are a different story though-- I have always gone to a good fitter for them. It's the personal touch and the after-sales support (punching out tight spots, etc.) that makes it worth the extra money for me.

But if the boots were very, very cheap.... (?)

icedancer2
09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Fantastic prices on blades - too bad the only ones they have in my size are a blade I already have (and won't skate in... they sit in my closet, along with the other abandoned skates and blades and those I haven't yet tried...)

blackmanskating
09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Good stuff but there is nothing in my size!!! I guess I'm going to have to pay full price. (Sigh):cry:

BlackManSkating

Skate@Delaware
09-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah, sad story...word got around too late!!!! I buy stuff from hockeymonkey.com a lot but never KNEW they were selling figure skating stuff! :frus: