View Full Version : Please take this adult ballet class with me!!

herniated
09-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Someone please take this ballet class with me!! I just started a ballet class for adults on Mondays at 10am. I just got back. I am the ONLY one in it!!!8O It is a new dance school on Long Island. Very nice people, beautiful studio and the teacher was very nice.

On one hand I am happy because it is a private lesson and I only pay $45 per month!!!! But... I was looking forward to having company in the class and meeting others. Skating is so solitary for me as I know it is for others. Anyway,PM me if you want the info.

Skittl1321
09-10-2007, 11:18 AM
The commute is a bit too much for me, but good luck finding someone!

Ballet private lessons overwhelmed me in a way that ice skating doesn't even begin to.

I really miss ballet, but I can't afford to do both

herniated
09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks Skittl. I can see how it can be overwhelming. I was looking forward to being in a group so all the attention is not on me!!!

sue123
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I would love to, but unfortunately, I have class at that time. But at least htey are not going to cancel the class. I've heard of that happening if not enough people sign up.

herniated
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
If it was a more established school they probably would have cancelled it.

airyfairy76
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I'd love to, but it would take me a little while to swim across the Atlantic each week!!:lol:

jazzpants
09-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Ditto here... only instead of swimming across the Atlantic, it would be 5-6 hour plane ride. :lol: (I'm in the West Coast.)

I took one a few years ago. Then they moved the school to this really dangerous neighborhood in San Francisco and that was that!!! :x Sad, b/c she was my best ballet teacher I would take it from. (She's challenges me b/c she believes that I'm not a hopeless case...and I did improve b/c of her. Unlike my LAST instructor before her... :roll: )

I have the next best thing though... a personal trainer with a strong ballet background. We'll see if he could get anything "ballet" into me, har har... :P

littlekateskate
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I would totally do it if i were closer. I signed up and showed up for one about 4 years ago. It was supposed to be an adult beginner class (it had been ten years since i danced).

I showed up and there were like 4 10 year olds in the class. I was soo mad and imbarassed!

herniated
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd love to, but it would take me a little while to swim across the Atlantic each week!!:lol:

That's great!!!:lol: Wish you and jazz were closer.

Littlekate - that happened to me too, but about 20 years ago. There were two girls about 10, but the rest of us were in our 20's and up. Guess it's not the same.

sexyskates
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Now if the class was at 1:00, then I could go to it after skating the 10-12 session at Dix Hills that I love! I had almost private ice there today and was able to start working on my programs. There was one other skater for part of the time in addition to Danny the rink guard tody!

herniated
09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey sexyskates! How you doin? Glad the session was good today. By the way, my legs are killing me after that class this morning. KILLIN me, I tell you. Had to take an Advil.8O