View Full Version : happy news for the future!

peanutskates
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
by 2011, my current rink will be converted to an Olympic size rink (hopefully!) but also, before they can start building that, they have to build ANOTHER ice rink, which is planned to be even closer to my house. yay!
building work is planned to start in 2009... so I guess the new rink will be here by about next year...

Muskoka Skater
09-09-2007, 02:55 PM
You're probably really, really, really, really, really happy and excited about it, I know if there was a rink getting planed to be built right near me I would be hoping up and down!! Hope your rink gets turned into an Olympic sized one!

*JennaD*
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Awesome!!!! That's so exciting!!!

Yeah there's a rink near me too that they are planning on converting to an Olympic sized one which is very exciting since its walking distance from my house!!!

Mrs Redboots
09-10-2007, 12:32 PM
by 2011, my current rink will be converted to an Olympic size rink (hopefully!) but also, before they can start building that, they have to build ANOTHER ice rink, which is planned to be even closer to my house. yay!
building work is planned to start in 2009... so I guess the new rink will be here by about next year...
But your rink is already a lovely rink, even if not full-size! I've only skated there a couple of times, but I do like it.

Have you a link to a news story on this at all? Just to pass on to various cronies....