View Full Version : Coach thank you gift?

babyrabbit
09-09-2007, 12:35 PM
? We are not asked or required to pay coaches for basic skills competition. What would be an appropriate "thank you" gift to get them for the competition? Is it okay to just get them money or a gift certificate? Other suggestions.l.

luckeylasvegas
09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Starbucks gift cards always work well for the coaches at our rink. But a pretty picture from your skater and a hug would probably be just as good!:halo:

SynchroSk8r114
09-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree with gift cards, especially for coffee! :D

As a coach, I've received gift cards for up to $50, cash of around the same value, hand-drawn pictures from my skaters, thank-you notes/cards, and have been taken out to lunch/dinner the day of the competition following everyone's events. While I definitely don't expect this sort of treatment on a regular basis, I do appreciate it because it makes me feel like my hardwork really meant something to my skaters and their families.

dbny
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
As a coach I like cash best, but receiving any show of appreciation is wonderful. Some of the things I've gotten that I remember liking were a box of caramels from Poland, and some chemical hand warmers (I worked outdoors at the time). Just try to be sure that your coach can use what you give her. I would never be able to use a Starbucks card, since I never go into them.

littlekateskate
09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Would a target gift card be acceptable do you think?

SynchroSk8r114
09-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Would a target gift card be acceptable do you think?

Sure. I've got those before and since Target is one of my fav stores, it was nice to think that someone remembered that and got my something I'd actually use.

Isk8NYC
09-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Along the gift card lines - an iTunes or other music service card would be great. Many coaches buy music to use for programs and not all pass along the expense. (Plus, we like to listen to music, too.) You can buy iTunes cards pretty much anywhere, including at the Target registers.

ITA about Starbucks; one of my skating parents gave me a coffee gift card with an insulated mug, remarking that she knew I preferred Dunkin' Donuts to Starbucks. Very much appreciated!

kermit
09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
In the past, I have given coaches "movie money" or gift cards to the local movie theatres. I make sure that the amount is high enough to cover admission for two people, plus the cost of popcorn and drinks.