View Full Version : Just a cute story.

3skatekiddos
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Thought I'd just throw in a cute story about how great my DD's coach is and how well they relate. Just to even out some of the negative coaching stories :)

DD is almost 5, we are in Canada and she does Canskate. She has had her coach since the middle of last year and LOVES her. We got her a coach originally to help her overcome her "scootering" when she was skating and we just kept going from there.

DD is going into level 5 and no longer has to wear a helmet. She also manged to convice herself that once you got rid of your helmet that you get a tiara ! I have ( resonably, I thought ) pointed out that no one else on the rink wears one but that has not deterred her one bit. I was telling her coach this story and she thought it was the funniest story and decided that both she and DD would wear tiaras on the first day back !

I will have to take pictures. LOL

Skittl1321
09-07-2007, 03:24 PM
That's sweet! I'm sure your daughter will always remember such a special coach.

Tennisany1
09-07-2007, 04:05 PM
What a great story! I remember how thrilled my dd was when she was allowed to skate without at helmet.

dbny
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
That's really cute! I suggest you find a cardboard/paper tiara, though, as a metal or plastic one could hurt in a fall.

Emberchyld
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
That's really cute! I suggest you find a cardboard/paper tiara, though, as a metal or plastic one could hurt in a fall.

I agree. I'm 29 now, but my sisters and I always wear these lovely metal tiaras (bought by each other) all day on our birthdays. But when my b-day fell on a skating day this year, I switched to a jeweled headband for the session. No one wants to be the one who gets scraped off of the ice with a tiara jammed into their skull!

If I was a kid, though, I'd probably wear one of those nifty biiiiig cardboard ones :mrgreen:

3skatekiddos
09-07-2007, 07:52 PM
I agree. I found a small plastic one on a hair comb. It's sort of bend-y so I think in a fall it will just bend or fall out. I can't imagine they will keep their tiaras in for the whole session though !

dbny
09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I can't imagine they will keep their tiaras in for the whole session though !

If they get enough attention over them, they will! :lol: