View Full Version : Women only!

Rusty Blades
09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Ok, it has started again and it isn't even COLD yet!

As I mentioned last winter (in the "Mature Women" thread), I sweat when I am practicing and that makes my bra and top damp and that gets "the girls" really cold (even under a jacket and vest!) and that causes pain.

Seriously, has anybody seen or made a fur lined bra?

(Hand warmers sound interesting but would look funny under a skating dress!)

sk8pics
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Heh, I don't know about fur-lined, but what about a bra made with the polypropylene fabric, that wicks moisture away from you skin? I think they call it CoolMax.

sue123
09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Yea, CoolMax is designed to keep you dry. A lot of sports bras are made with them. But, if you have a large chest, odds are you need a sports bra with underwire and sizes based on your bra size, and those are hard enoguh to come buy on their own, let alone one made with CoolMax. But I managed to find one a long time ago, and that' my main sports bra now.

dooobedooo
09-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds like you might be wearing cotton overclothes. Don't!! Much warmer fabrics are polyester fleece, polyester velvet, wool, silk, thermal fabrics, or combinations of these.

I made the mistake of wearing cotton sweatshirt when I started - gets really cold and clammy, however thick the fabric.

vesperholly
09-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd think a fur bra with sweat sounds really ... icky and sticky. What if you get some velour or super soft fabric scraps from Joann's and put them on the nips? Or cut up an old mitten?

Are you wearing an all-cotton bra? Try going to a sporting good store and get the ones that are made out of that slippery material. Target also has a nice selection of sportswear.

momsk8er
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Try Title Nine for bras - www.titlenine.com. Also, don't stand around w/out a jacket on - once you start perspiring you need to either keep moving or put on another layer.

Sessy
09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
No, but I've seen tank tops of pure wool, you could try those.
And kidneywarmers of pure wool. They're sold a LOT in like Ukraine, Russia, but you could try finding either online or in Russian stores over where you live or maybe even like ebay or something.

You could make a fur bra one yourself, if you're handy with the sewing machine.
Here's how: http://www.leenas.com/English/sew_lingerie.html

liz_on_ice
09-07-2007, 07:37 AM
You could consider going the other way and don't overdress so you sweat less. In summer I layer for warmup and peel down to a racerback athletic top.

Someone mentioned wool undershirts. Wool is fabulous stuff because, unlike cotton, it can still keep you warm even when it is wet.

PattyP
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.championcatalog.com

They have the best sports bras and a couple times a year they have a $19.95 sale on all bras!

I also run a lot, so I know that good support and moisture wicking is very important.

SkaterBird
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Hanes makes an underwire sports bra called Sports Performance. It's made with a fabric they call CoolDri, which works a lot like CoolMax. They're $12.00 each or 2/$20.00 with on the Hanes website.

http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Default.aspx

I have been wearing them for a while - not just for sports, either - and they work well for me. You might look into those - they're inexpensive enough that if you try them and don't like them you're not out a lot of money.

Mimi