View Full Version : Skating rinks in SLO

SilverSprings
09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Do you guys know of any good skating rinks in San Luis Obispo, CA? I'm moving up there for college, so it's just going to be recreational skating to keep me sane. I'm not looking for coaches or anything, per se.

I'm from LA, so it's going to be hard to come down to Culver City everytime I want to skate. Thanks! :)

Thin-Ice
09-05-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm pretty sure there are no permanent rinks in that part of California.. otherwise I would have already moved there. :lol: I think you'll need to figure out just how far you're willing to drive and which direction. I believe the closest ones are in Oxnard (Ventura county), Fresno and Bakersfield.

WeirFan06
09-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Yes, Oxnard, Fresno, or Bakersfield (I didn't even realize there was a rink in Bakersfield until now.) I think they're all about the same distance just in different directions. Oxnard might actually be a little closer. Depending on how fast you drive, it's probably a little less than 2 hours. Maybe an hour and 45 minutes. It's not a real hot spot for skating in that area unfortunately :(

SilverSprings
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
There's a rink in Bakersfield?! 8O Ah, well, it's my hometown-ish.

SLO is such a nice area - pitty they don't have any skating. Thanks for the responses.