View Full Version : Icenetwork.com streaming of junior grand prix

Joan
09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I've been watching the live-streaming of the junior grand prix on icenetwork.com off-and-on today. I am really impressed. With high speed cable internet, there were no interruptions or pixelization or weirdness of any kind and the video quality is really quite good. They have commentators just like they have in the past on TV, and it really IS like watching it on TV (except for the smaller screen). There is more tomorrow, so check it out.

Terri C
09-02-2007, 01:15 PM
One thing I did notice yesterday was that there was very little, if any running commentary when competitors were skating! This is fantastic and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!

Skittl1321
09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for posting this! I thought they were subscription only- I'm watching the ladies short now :)

TreSk8sAZ
09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I watched all day today, and the feed was quite good! I only lost the connection once. Only complaint is that Kerrigan has NO idea how to be a commentator, and really needed to shut up a few times! :giveup:

Skate@Delaware
09-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah, but would you rather listen to her or Dick? :??

I wish you could put the audio on Channel OTHER-music only......

dbny
09-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Thank you! I missed all the live events but am watching after the fact.

...it really IS like watching it on TV (except for the smaller screen).

Did you know you can full screen the display by double clicking on the image?

mikawendy
09-02-2007, 10:19 PM

Whenever I do that, it crashes my browser, so I just watch at the default size.

dbny
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Whenever I do that, it crashes my browser, so I just watch at the default size.

Have you tried different browsers?

dbny
09-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Only complaint is that Kerrigan has NO idea how to be a commentator, and really needed to shut up a few times! :giveup:

If that was Kerrigan commentating on the Men's FS, I have to say that I like her (a first for me)! She's the most technical commentator I've heard so far.

Joan
09-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Thank you! I missed all the live events but am watching after the fact.

Oh, I did that. I just meant that the computer screen is 12 inch. or so and a TV screen is much bigger.

dbny
09-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh, I did that. I just meant that the computer screen is 12 inch. or so and a TV screen is much bigger.

I thought you might have. Since I have a 13" TV, going full screen on my 17" monitor is better than TV :)

blackmanskating
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been watching it too. I did have a few hangups with the web stream but it is waaaayyy better than last season. I'm so glad that Armin Mahbanoozadeh won the men's FS!!!! I know him and he skates at my rink during the summer. Awesome jumper!!!! But some of those other kids were just as amazing. Remember the American guy in blue that pulled off a triple axel in the practice session followed by that triple-triple combination?? I felt so bad for him when he fell apart in his free skate. So much talent, but those competition nerves wreak havoc on your body! But I was very impressed with the competitors. I haven't seen the ladies competition yet. But I'm going to check it out. Again there were some awesome performances I saw yesterday and it really motivated me.

BlackManSkating