View Full Version : Old RSSIR and new coach!

antmanb
08-31-2007, 04:22 AM
Hey i've finally found where all the folk over at RSSIR have come thanks to a post over there from an old regular!

Much swankier posting over here...and smilies!

Well my skating hasn't been that great - too much time not on the ice or in the gym has meant i've put a lot of weight on and makes everthing even more difficult! Good news is that the Altrincham Ice rink has finally been opened...bad news is it's mostly hockey and the patch ice is the usual early morning or tea time sessions, neither of which fit in with work.

My coach of 4 or so years (who started out in altrincham but moved to Deeside when it closed) ha decided the journey is too much and has returned to Altrincham leaving me coachless. I approached one of the other coaches at Deeside who i knew quite well and we've been working together for three weeks now.

After the initial depression of starting everything from scratch again i've got a new found pleasure from skating again. It seems that my old coach and I had become friends and that he really was not pushing me any more and not correcting mistakes that i was making. All of my jumps have been done with very bent free legs instead of straight free legs and my horrendously double footed take off on the flip has been left uncorrected for well over a year, to the point that i just can't unlearn it now! Taking a break from it and concentrating on the other jumps to see where i get to.

Glad to have found this place though! Hopefully will get into more converstaions with some of the old crowd, and of course the new!

Ant

Bill_S
08-31-2007, 05:48 AM
Hey i've finally found where all the folk over at RSSIR have come thanks to a post over there from an old regular!

Many of us RSSIR ex-regulars are old! (Let's add a big smilie here---:lol: )

Glad you found your way here. It's a good group and has plenty of posts to make your day go better.

Mrs Redboots
08-31-2007, 06:22 AM
Hi, Ant, and welcome over here.

You doing any comps this season? We missed you at Bracknell.

jazzpants
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi, Ant! Welcome to the DARK side!!! :twisted: Enjoy it here at skatingforums.com!!! :D

(I've send you a PM (private message) here with my real ID...)

2loop2loop
08-31-2007, 03:27 PM
RSSIR is still going? 8O Are the resident crazies still going strong? You guys know who I mean! :lol:

John

jazzpants
08-31-2007, 03:38 PM
RSSIR is still going? 8O Are the resident crazies still going strong? You guys know who I mean! :lol: Well, "Chuckie" has taken over RSSIF... I haven't seen one of the posters post ANYTHING since this time last year. The other of the resident crazies replied sometime this month to the RSSIR board but has since started posting on other newsgroup boards, figuring that no one would respond to him anymore (cuz everyone's gone to this board 8-) ) and he doesn't want to go on web browsers...

2loop2loop
08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I just had a look. He's still there talking about Peggy Sue. Whatever happened to Sling though?

jazzpants
08-31-2007, 04:10 PM
I just had a look. He's still there talking about Peggy Sue. Whatever happened to Sling though?Stopped posting on anything newsgroup since August 26 2006. Needless to say, I'm worried about him.

antmanb
08-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow what a warm welcome!

Think the regular at RSSIR is still posting, decrying that no coaches no what they're doing and telling anyone who will listen about how gymnastics coaching works well on skating!! :lol:

Mrs R - no competitions for me - i really am a good two and half stone heavier than when i last competed so i don't think i could cope with the stress!

Gonna check my private messages now jazzpants...

Glad to be a new resident!

Ant

Mrs Redboots
09-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Think the regular at RSSIR is still posting, decrying that no coaches no what they're doing and telling anyone who will listen about how gymnastics coaching works well on skating!! :lol:

Well, having said that, did you read the article in last month's ISkate (http://www.iskatemagazine.com/) suggesting that the gymnastics system might work very well indeed for skating!

CanadianAdult
09-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Stopped posting on anything newsgroup since August 26 2006. Needless to say, I'm worried about him.

I remember when he made his homemade skate spinner. We might not have always agreed but he was passionate about what he did.