View Full Version : Music for your achievements!

miraclegro
08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, today i landed a lutz in each lutz corner which is a huge accomplishment for me because our freestyles at times can be a "free-for-all" and i think i developed some sort of mental block against going into them full force and just doing them b/c i was always skidding to a halt b/c of the clueless kids! But i was SO proud of myself today because i need them for my program which is VERY soon, and i also got really great layback spins with my arms draping out/down the sides. PLUS my brackets are getting a natural rhythm......so my song for today is...

"WHAT A FEELING" from flashdance ----what about you guys?

flikkitty11
08-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, i have to re-learn my double toe. I have an incredibly big mental block against going for the double. i can do a single, 1.5 turns but anything more is too scary. Ill get it eventually.

My song for today is: "Waiting for the World to Change" John Mayer

kander
08-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Gimme Dat Ding
by The Pipkins
:lol:

looplover
08-30-2007, 05:17 AM
This is really weird, but if I listen to "Best of You" by the Foo Fighters before a lesson or practice I skate well. That's because part of the lyrics contain "Is someone getting the best of you," and I get really frustrated when I'm not skating to the level of what I know I can do, so it inspires me! Plus it's just a great song. :)

xofivebyfive
08-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Stand by Rascal Flatts. Or Sober by Kelly Clarkson.

Muskoka Skater
08-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Last night I was working on my Gold artistic and I had to do funny expressions, funny jumps, and things like that. Also school is starting soon and I use this song for my artistic: so my song for yesturday and today is: This is me in Grade Nine by Barenaked Ladies, If I could change the tital of the song it would be: This is me in Grade Seven!!

Morgail
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
My song for yesterday's skating would have to be "I Can't Dance" by Genesis. My dances needed some major work yesterday - couldn't count, kept forgetting steps, couldn't get on the correct edges...

desabelle
08-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Attempts at getting my double jumps back proved to be pretty awkward so my song would be "Get up" by Superchick

Mrs Redboots
08-30-2007, 02:24 PM
We always play "Maybe this time!" from "Cabaret" on our way to a competition:

"It's gotta happen/happen sometime/maybe this time I'll win!"

And on the way home, even if we don't win, we play "We are the Champions", 'cos we were out there and did it!

NoVa Sk8r
08-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Sugar Ray's "(I Just Want To) Fly" and the Foo Fighters' "Learn to Fly" really get me in the mood for those flying camels!!! 8-)

jazzpants
08-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Gimme Dat Ding
by The Pipkins
:lol:
MAN, Kevin! I'm surprised! You're too WHITE BOY for that!!! 8O :P :twisted: :lol:

Then again, I'm probably too Asian for this one....

I like "Jump" by Van Helen! 8-) (I expected Kevin to pick this one, actually...) It gets out my aggression so I would "attack" my jumps, which primary coach always says I need to do... :roll:

Emberchyld
08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
After my skater's chin debacle, the soundtrack to the past few freestyles could have been that song from the Ice Princess soundtrack that goes, "I'm not afraid to fall..."

:D

flying~camel
08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
After feeling like I was constantly sliding off of my edges last night, I'd say "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls would be my song ;)

Muskoka Skater
09-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Since I got a new dress and I'm excited about it, my song today is: I'm so Excited by I don't know!

Sessy
09-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm gonna go with "unforgiven" by Metallica for now, considering the broken ankle story which still won't let me skate...
"What I've felt, what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
Never free, never me
So I dub thee unforgiven"

Click here to listen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGvzApDZKI)

However, I REALLY hope that in a year it'll be more like the theme song to Star Trek Enterprise (Faith of the Heart) :
"It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near

And I can feel the change in the world right now
Nothing's in my way
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No there not gonna hold me down

Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
that I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith
Faith of the heart"

Click here to listen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYlWKzMWVc)

Actually I intend to skate an artistic skate to that sometime (our artistic skates let you pick your own music way in advance).

Skate@Delaware
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm sure for Tuesday, first day back on the ice (for some, since April 15th), it's gonna be Bodies by Drowning Pool....when the bodies hit the floor (um, ice)...... 8O :lol: !!!!

Terri C
09-01-2007, 11:56 AM
For getting my sitspin down, I resort to a little o'e school R&B "Jungle Boogie" by Kool and the Gang.

Sessy
09-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm sure for Tuesday, first day back on the ice (for some, since April 15th), it's gonna be Bodies by Drowning Pool....when the bodies hit the floor (um, ice)...... 8O :lol: !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great song.

looplover
09-01-2007, 02:07 PM
For getting my sitspin down, I resort to a little o'e school R&B "Jungle Boogie" by Kool and the Gang.

Nice choice!!!!

miraclegro
09-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow, this has been a lot of fun to read!

Sessy, hang in there with the ankle thing. Had mine last year, and it seems like forever, but once you get back on the ice, nice and slow, it all starts coming back.... sit spins are good practice when you get back to the skating practice to get the bend in your ankle....

jazzpants
09-01-2007, 06:34 PM
"Get down, get down
Get down, get DOOOOWN!!!"

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/k050.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I came close to doing that piece and wearing a Tarzan like dress for an interp. Thankfully, I thought better of it... :P )

Sessy
09-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Wow, this has been a lot of fun to read!

Sessy, hang in there with the ankle thing. Had mine last year, and it seems like forever, but once you get back on the ice, nice and slow, it all starts coming back.... sit spins are good practice when you get back to the skating practice to get the bend in your ankle....

Actually it's not that. It was doing pretty well, the crack healed in like 3 weeks of gips and my ligaments were recovering much faster than usually... Then a lady in the train knocked me off my feet, my ankle foulded double the exact same way it did back in february... and yep you guessed it...

My friends are all laughing at me that I'm the one single person in the world with bad luck such as mine, but I really don't think it's amusing! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

miraclegro
09-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Oh Sessy,

I must have missed you stating all that on the forum. That is terrible.

Were you the one that had surgery?

Well, you'll have a new empathy for the handicapped, and i hope that when you get back on the ice, you'll pick up quickly. Blessings - M-gro

Sessy
09-02-2007, 09:08 AM
No, I didn't have surgery, I just had a fracture they didn't diagnose for 5 months, instead advising to move it a lot, which didn't let the fracture heal all that time, causing extra damage. Then I spent all my holiday in gips, which kinda sucked too.

I didn't state it in a separate thread or anything cuz, well my friends are already laughing at my bizarre accidents, I don't need the whole board to go like, "yeah right like THAT is possible." :evil:

Anyway they first said it'd take another year before it'd be back to normal, I'm gonna guess a month more or less really doesn't matter. Mostly I feel bad cuz the stupid **** in the train didn't even apologize --> Hence "unforgiven".

BuggieMom
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I finally got new blades on my new boots, and am ready to get back out on the ice in a proper fitting pair of skates! I haven't stepped on the ice since June, so I am rarin' to go!!!
My song is "Dive" by Steven Curtis Chapman...

"My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
Thats telling me it's time to take the leap of faith
So here I go

I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim I'm diving in!"

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!