View Full Version : Your Discipline, and how you felt the first time that you got lifted.

FSWer
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Say,I've asked you all how you feel WHEN you get lifted. Now please tell me how you felt the very,very FIRST time ever that you were lifted. Please name your Discipline too.

Mrs Redboots
08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I think the first time I was ever lifted wasn't by my partner at all, it was during the course of a (rather drunken) party at the Mountain Cup one year. That was a press lift, which, when Husband and I tried it, we found we couldn't do. So someone showed us our current Level 1 lift, which is extremely basic and was even more so in our previous dance, because we did it at a standstill at the end, so no dismount needed or anything.

I think the first time we did it on the ice, he dropped me and I rolled gently.... Coach1 said "I'm so glad to see you two are extending yourselves", and, when I complained about the bruises on my upper thigh, Coach2 said "Welcome to the wonderful world of pairs' skating!"

SynchroSk8r114
08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Discipline: Synchro
Level: Open collegiate (we lack the skaters to go collegiate yet...:roll:)
*This was done at an exhbition only, as only Senior teams can do lifts in competition...

I felt excited, nervous, and happy the first time I was lifted. We did an overhead lift where one girl holds my leg and two others lift my from under my arms. I am above their head and they begin to do a small circle of back crossovers to rotate the lift.

I was excited because I had never been lifted before and wanted to nail it the first time, which was somewhat successful.

I was nervous because, again, I had never been lifted and I didn't want to be dropped. I was also uncertain that girls would be able to lift me, even though I'm very light and tiny. (I would have trusted a man who generally has more strength.)

I was happy because I was chosen for this highlight of our program and everyone would be watching me! :D