View Full Version : It's back!

kander
08-26-2007, 09:08 PM
I started updating the Technical Figure Skating website 4 or 5 years ago and have been working on it off and on. It still has a ways to go, but I thought I would make it partially available right now since it has so many useful skating clips.

The main purpose of this web site is to provide clips of elite level skaters performing various jumps and spins. You can use a viewer like quicktime or media player to study the clips to your hearts content. The idea is to learn something that you can use in your own skating. It's amazing how much you can pick up by looping the clips and watching them very closely.

If you want to use the clips I would recommend reading all the text on the home page. It describes varioius bugs and limitations in the web site and could save you a lot of frustration and time.

www.techskate.com/skate (http://www.techskate.com/skate)

I hope you find as much use out of it as I have

Kevin

mikawendy
08-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh, yay, thanks for posting to tell us about that. I've used that site a lot in the past!!!! Hooray!!!

blackmanskating
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
I started updating the Technical Figure Skating website 4 or 5 years ago and have been working on it off and on. It still has a ways to go, but I thought I would make it partially available right now since it has so many useful skating clips.

The main purpose of this web site is to provide clips of elite level skaters performing various jumps and spins. You can use a viewer like quicktime or media player to study the clips to your hearts content. The idea is to learn something that you can use in your own skating. It's amazing how much you can pick up by looping the clips and watching them very closely.

If you want to use the clips I would recommend reading all the text on the home page. It describes varioius bugs and limitations in the web site and could save you a lot of frustration and time.

www.techskate.com/skate (http://www.techskate.com/skate)

I hope you find as much use out of it as I have

Kevin

Kevin you are truly awesome for this!!! Thanks again!!!

BlackManSkating

looplover
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh great! I just looked at the toe loop vids and this helps me see what I'm doing wrong!:D

jazzpants
08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
YAAAAAAY!!! It's back!!! Kevin... you're da man!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

(BTW: YAAAAY!!! You even got that famous skater from Psychosia, Nivek Nosredna!!! But he's listed as "Skater X"!!! :lol: :P :bow: )

Morgail
08-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Looks like a great site! I can't seem to save the clips to my computer though. I'll try again later - I'm looking for some camel and lutz help:)

doubletoe
08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Very cool! Thank you!!:bow:

kander
08-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Looks like a great site! I can't seem to save the clips to my computer though. I'll try again later - I'm looking for some camel and lutz help:)

Let me know if you can't figure it out. Are you running a windows machine? If you right click over the link a menu will popup which will let you save the file.

Is anybody else having trouble with the AVI files? For some reason it doesn't stream to my browser, but I can save them directly to my local disk and view them.

FYI the skater X clip appears to be hosed. I'll see if I can fix it.

I'm still thinking about posting more examples of single jumps. I'd do it myself, except I don't consider myself as an example of good technique. There are only a couple skaters I'd consider for it and I don't know if they'd do it.

Kevin

kander
08-28-2007, 12:47 AM
I just looked at the site and some kind of weirdness is going on. Some of the clips appear OK and some of them are hosed. I think I'll re-upload the entire thing, but I may not have a chance to get to it for awhile.

It also looks like something weird is going on with the web host. I may enable anonymous ftp. It's more reliable and you can grab all the files at once.

Please don't get discouraged. I just signed up with this web host and I'm learning as I go. I'll get everything straightened out sooner or later. In the meantime you can communicate with me through this BB, or at kander2@techskate.com (BTW, isn't that a cool email address? :) )

Kevin

vesperholly
08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a problem with the .mpg files. The .avi files are fine. The second Dorothy Hamill axel (from the CW crossovers) is jumpy.

Morgail
08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
It's working for me now. Thanks:)

kayskate
08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
So glad it's back! A great resource. have to update my links.

Best wishes,
Kay

Query
08-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Great!

Is this the old page?

http://oasis.dit.upm.es/~jantonio/personal/patinaje/

kander
08-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Great!

Is this the old page?

http://oasis.dit.upm.es/~jantonio/personal/patinaje/

Yes, that's the old purple one. The new pages have about 3 times as many clips

manleywoman
08-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Glad this site is back up! Thanks for posting.

interesting on the flip technique, as my coach teaches it a bit differently.