View Full Version : What would your ideal Partner be like?

FSWer
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Say,I was watching "Cutting Edge" 1 yesterday,and it promted me to start this topic. So the question I have for all of you today is.....what would your ideal partner be like? You need not be a skater or a Pairs or Ice-Dancer already to answer this.I'll go first. For both Pairs and Dance, my ideal Partner LOL,along of course with being a girl. Would be sweet,kind,loveable. A girl I was really instantly attracted to. As well as instantly in love with. I would hope for her to be just as attracted to me,as I was to her. She would be someone I could have a lot of fun with,and go out with,and most important...was never,ever firm, mean or strict. But understanding, not preasurable, and the NICEST girl in the world. So anyway...that's my ideal Partner. Ok kids....GO!!!!

Clarice
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Mine would be my husband, but, alas, he does not skate. Sigh. He did drive me out of town today for my dance test, though, which was really nice of him!

liz_on_ice
08-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Say,I was watching "Cutting Edge" 1 yesterday,and it promted me to start this topic. So the question I have for all of you today is.....what would your ideal partner be like? You need not be a skater or a Pairs or Ice-Dancer already to answer this.I'll go first. For both Pairs and Dance, my ideal Partner LOL,along of course with being a girl. Would be sweet,kind,loveable. A girl I was really instantly attracted to. As well as instantly in love with. I would hope for her to be just as attracted to me,as I was to her. She would be someone I could have a lot of fun with,and go out with,and most important...was never,ever firm, mean or strict. But understanding, not preasurable, and the NICEST girl in the world. So anyway...that's my ideal Partner. Ok kids....GO!!!!

Since my husband doesn't skate, my ideal partner would *not* be someone I instantly fell in love with! I'd want someone relaxed and fun, who wanted to give pairs or dance a whirl, but understood other commitments like work and family. Since I'm tall, he'd have to be both tall and have serious upper body strength, or we'd make a pretty sad team.

jskater49
08-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Someone willing to skate with me would pretty much fit the bill.

j

SynchroSk8r114
08-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Haha! I'd pick my boyfriend, who's a really great hockey player (hmmm...sounding a bit like the plot of the movie, huh?). Unfortunately, he would never ever consider figure skating, so I guess I'm out of luck on that one. What a shame too - I mean, he's powerful, quick, tall enough, and strong enough, but the whole "toepick-and-glitter phenonmenon" of figure skating just doesn't do it for him. Oh well, guess the closest I'll ever get to pairs skating is with my synchro girls! :lol:

Skate@Delaware
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Mine would be my husband, but, alas, he does not skate. Sigh. He did drive me out of town today for my dance test, though, which was really nice of him!
hmmmm, sometimes skating with hubby is NOT FUN!!!! he tends to take "rink stuff" home. :x

anyway, he'd have to have $$$$$$$$$, and a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR, but not so much he would not be able to buck down and work HARD!!! I would not want someone clowning around all the time. If he was married, his wife would have to be very nice, funny and a great cook who cooked too much food and kept bringing me some (I say that because I'm not a good cook and like to eat out too much).

Plus, he'd have to be a smidgen taller than me. And have long legs, only because I do and it would look better, line-wise. And be strong enough to lift me (140 lbs) because i'm NOT dieting anymore....

looplover
08-26-2007, 05:00 PM
An unmarried clone of John Zimmerman.

*falls over and dies at the thought*

kander
08-26-2007, 05:22 PM

Are you talking about a skating partner or a date? I wouldn't put so much emphasis on falling in love with a skating partner. I'd put more emphasis on dedication to the sport, talent, and a strong work ethic. Compatible personalities would make life a lot easier.

jazzpants
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM

I'm with you on that one!!! http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/images/smilies/swoon1.gif

Seriously... I don't really want to skate pairs or ice dance! I just like the freedom of being on the ice on my own too much to have it compromised with a partner. However, I would be willing to pair up with either of my male coaches for the learning experience.

SynchroSk8r114
08-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Ahhhh...yes! I got to skate with and meet him a few years ago at an exhibition I skated in, and let me tell you - he is one of the nicest skaters I've ever met (and one of the most gorgeous, too!) He stuck around after the show to sign autographs for all his young female admirers (myself included :halo:), and I cherish that piece of paper to this day, hahaha!

coskater64
08-26-2007, 05:31 PM
John Zimmerman is cute, he helped me with double loops, sigh...I would need a partner who is about 6'3" and about 200 lbs--- strong, patient and understanding. He needs to dance as well...my sweet English semi-partner has found another...who...gasp...actually lives on the same continent. Who'd a thunk that?8O 8O

icedancer2
08-26-2007, 07:24 PM
He would be 6 feet, good-looking middle-aged man (over 50) who was a really good skater but hadn't passed all of his tests. He would be big enough to lift me for our OD. He would be willing to work hard but not push me too much when I wasn't ready to be pushed.

He would have enough money. He could be married but his wife would have to be totally cool with our relationship. If he were gay that would probably be even better, although I'm not sure I can articulate why.

He would just have to be an overall nice person who wanted to compete and test but wasn't jealous if I skated with other people at social sessions but had the same general overall goals in skating as myself.

I'm not interested in a romantic relationsihp with a partner because I am very happily married to my husband and want to stay that way. Also I've seen some of these romantic partnerships up close and it isn't always so pretty (no offense to the couples on the board - I don't know any of you).

Shinn-Reika
08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Hhhhmmmm this will sound strange, but I'd like to skate with another game/anime geek (female of course). We'd be on the same page artistically. I really don't care too much about height/weight. All women that skate that are my age are really gorgeous and in good shape, and I'm not terribly interested in lifts. Finally I really wouldn't want a partner that likes to gossip a lot. There are a lot of them on my club's syncro team. I really just don't care, nor do I want to be dragged into it.

Rusty Blades
08-27-2007, 07:48 AM
A "flaming gay" version of Elvis Stojko would be PERFECT - someone who skates fantastic, tall enough and athletic enough to lift me, someone gorgeous enough to drool over but "not available" 8O

Sessy
08-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Say,I was watching "Cutting Edge" 1 yesterday,and it promted me to start this topic. So the question I have for all of you today is.....what would your ideal partner be like?

Filthy rich and generous, talented and extremely hard-working with lots of free time on his hands, with a reasonable attitude and character.

Mrs Redboots
08-27-2007, 10:22 AM
.my sweet English semi-partner has found another...who...gasp...actually lives on the same continent. Who'd a thunk that?8O 8O
And doing very well, too (they occasionally train on the same ice I do).

I love my husband dearly, both as a husband and as a dance partner, but it would be nice to have someone who knew how to make me look better out there.....

quarkiki2
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Hmm... Somone about 6' with long legs and GREAT edges and who can remeber the choreography, LOL! It drives me bonkers when I'm out there and someone goes all brain dead on the choreography...

DH would actually be fun -- I love being with the guy, what can I say? But he's 6 inches taller than me and my legs are longer than his, so our line would be hideous!

Frozen Water
08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
My husband has just started skating lessons with me and although he is picking it up really quickly, I don't think I'd trust him to pick me up. So I would have to show my age and say there is only one person I would trust not to trip me up and that would be Robin Cousins. Possibly also Chris Dean.:)

2loop2loop
08-28-2007, 03:49 PM
my sweet English semi-partner has found another...who...gasp...actually lives on the same continent. Who'd a thunk that?8O 8O

Who me? I never knew you thought I was sweet (must try harder to disabuse you of that idea :twisted: ) - or do you have some other English semi-partner that I don't know about?

And doing very well, too (they occasionally train on the same ice I do).

Well we try! Of course I will never be able to bend my knees enough! :frus: