View Full Version : Crashing good for you?

kander
08-23-2007, 11:45 PM
The last couple weeks I've had a lot of pain in my back so I've been taking it easy at the gym and on the ice. This morning I had 3 hard crashes on my left hip. About an hour later my back felt really good. What gives? Could it be a muscle/tendon thing where the fall loosens things up? If I still feel this way tomorrow it will be a miracle. I don't think this is the recommended form of therapy ;)

littlerain
08-23-2007, 11:57 PM
hehe. *Fingers crossed* I hope you still feel good tomorrow!

dbny
08-24-2007, 12:07 AM
This morning I had 3 hard crashes on my left hip. About an hour later my back felt really good. What gives?

Relativity? Change of focus? Your hip now hurts so much more than your back, that your back feels good.

vesperholly
08-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Could be that your back was out of alignment, and the falls realigned it? Highly strange! :mrgreen:

Sessy
08-24-2007, 04:20 AM
Haha a skating crash once snapped my neck back into place, it'd been bothering me for a week after I fell asleep in a car. I dunno, could be good at times, but generally crashes aren't good for you.

tidesong
08-24-2007, 04:35 AM
I haven't had that happen to me. I'm glad that it gave some relief (even if it may? be temporary) But wow what an interesting event.

SynchroSk8r114
08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I've had that happen to me a few times where I'll skate and suddenly things loosen up and feel better or I'll fall and I can feel/hear something fix itself. Probably not healthy, but it does feel great! :lol:

jazzpants
08-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Could be that your back was out of alignment, and the falls realigned it? Highly strange! :mrgreen:
I was thinking the same thing too! It's possible...

We don't need no stinkin' chiropractor!!! :twisted: :lol:

kander
08-26-2007, 07:11 PM
It looks like crashing isn't the marvel I hoped it was. I've been in a hurt locker the last couple of days :) I'm just now starting to feel better. My guess is crashing causes an endorphin blast.